X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2008 Meeting

Subject to change

Date: December 16

Location: Chuck Heleker's. Annual holiday get together, video night.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Date confirmed. More details shortly.

Comment

December 16 Meeting Schedule

6 p.m. Start gathering to watch Mini videos, see what the latest is in the garage, and talk Minis.
      6:30 p.m.: Club-sponsored traditional Christmas dinner (pizza, Subway, and non-alcoholic beverages)
      7:30 p.m.: VERY short meeting (includes officer nominations for 2009).
      8-10:00 p.m.: More Mini videos and enjoying each other's company.
      7-10:00 p.m.: Club regalia for sale. Great Christmas gifts!
      Dress code: Mini casual.

Comment

Videos at the December Meeting

Rendezvous: a must see if you haven't. Play count the Minis.
        The Italian Job. The real one with Michael Caine.
        Special Feature: The 2007 Targa Newfoundland

Our upstairs TV is on it's last legs and it would be helpful if anyone has a TV they could bring so we can have two movie rooms.

Comment

Directions:

From Southbound I-5:
          Take Exit 157, Highway 900/Martin Luther King Jr. Way S. Stay left and follow MLK Way.
          Go through two stop lights. The second is 68th. Be in the left lane.
          Left next opportunity, S 135th. Only about 2/10ths of a mile from the 68th stop light.
          Follow 135th to the end (approx. 7/10ths of a mile) to "T" intersection.
          Left at "<-->" (80th).
          First driveway on the right.

From Northbound I-5:

Take Exit 154 I-405 N/Highway 518
          Keep right at the fork in the ramp.
          Take Exit 2, Highway 167, towards Renton/Auburn.
          Keep left at the fork in the ramp, then keep right at the next fork.
          Merge onto the Valley Freeway and go straight onto Rainier Ave. S.
          Turn left onto Sunset, then right onto Naches Ave. S.W (80th Ave. S). Short steep hill.
          Just after the top of the hill, driveway on the right.

Note that the map on the home page is slightly deceiving. My house is more towards the 135th end of 80th.
          Last edited by Cheleker; 12-10-2008, 02:50 PM. Reason: Home page map comment added.

Comment

Could use either a DVD player or a VCR player for the night. Doro bought a new, small flat screen TV so that is solved, but the old VCR gave up the ghost. Anybody bring one?

Comment

Those that can make their way through the unusual weather Tuesday night shouldn't lack for food. I'm counting on a big turnout. If not I'll be eating left over pizza and Subway for a while -- or Elias will.

Comment

Chuck, I have a vcr I will bring to you.
                Tim
                Originally posted by Cheleker View Post
                Could use either a DVD player or a VCR player for the night. Doro bought a new, small flat screen TV so that is solved, but the old VCR gave up the ghost. Anybody bring one?
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Thanks! Then the Italian Job will be playing upstairs on the new (but small!) flat screen.

Comment

The "featured" car in the garage for the night will be David Haight's nice estate, the TINIWAG. Come see what a Clubmanectomy looks like and say goodbye to the TW. It will heading back to SoCal in the near future. Sad no one here picked it up.

Comment

Do they usually plow the hills by your place? I've got about 3.5 inches of snow at my place. Still planning on coming, just making up my mind what car to drive.
                      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

I live in the same neck of the woods, and most of the ice is gone.

Comment

Main roads are clear and dry. Roads around my house are 95% free of ice. Langston, 135th and 80th were sanded early Sunday morning. No snow left. Driveway, including the steep part down to the garage, is clear.

The immediate area is fine as long as we don't get any more moisture -- which we're not supposed to.

James, should be no risk for the new acquisition around here, but don't risk it on your roads if you have doubts. If you do bring it, I'll make room in the garage behind TINIWAG. (You did check the antifreeze, right?!)

Comment

The surrounding hills are pretty clear, I don't think you will have a problem assuming the moisture doesn't change from today.

Comment

not bringing the woody, but will be there with lots of regalia

got 3 NEW shirts (at least colors)
                              black and silver
                              usc colors (roughly) and
                              grey/blue/steel with red and white print

i'm taking the camera to work tomorrow. i'lltry to get pictures up too
                              Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Working...
                              X