Peninsula Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peninsula Run

The February meeting left the Peninsula Run in need of an organiser, as a Belfair resident (not living in a double wide) I bravely volunteered-ish!
    I read up on last years event and found most like to start early in the day with some Coffee as with most drives. I also read that some like to camp somewhere along the Hood Canal. The drive is the best part of the trip, along with the views, a few stops for grub and the occasional Pint. So I am suggesting meeting in the Safeway car park in Belfair for the required coffee (8 coffee shops in town, take your pick, including Starbucks) then onto Sand Hill Road towards Seabeck, then out towards the Hood Canal Bridge, then Down to Hoodsport for the Raspberry wine! Lunch along the way.......anyone? Then for all those in need of a cold refreshment (Soda, Beer, Homemade Blackberry wine, Etc.) a stop by our waterfront Belfair home(Camping space available) is welcome.
    For those wishing to interject a stop or course, please post it. Cheers, Carl.
    27 March 2010 10 am Belfair Safeway, Hwy 3.

OK, Another EDIT: Lunch at the Geoduck in Brinnon, I will call ahead to make sure they can handle our Mini Gang.
    Last edited by 72 Norty; 03-02-2010, 08:33 AM. Reason: more info.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Thanks for stepping up. This sounds like a fun run....count us in!

Comment

ummmm. . . when?
      Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ahh, yes a date and time would be useful......hows 10 am on the 27th of March?

Comment

Carl,
          I m in.
          Im pretty much open the whole march saturday orSunday.

peter
          ps what about March 20 officially Spring starts

Comment

Ixnay on the 13th/14th. St Patricks Day Dash. ALL of Seattle will be there. Including my wife.

The 27th works for us, more time to prepare the car.

onDay

Comment

Don't forget me.

What's the date and time?

Greg

Originally posted by 72 Norty View Post
              The February meeting left the Peninsula Run in need of an organiser, as a Belfair resident (not living in a double wide) I bravely volunteered-ish!
              I read up on last years event and found most like to start early in the day with some Coffee as with most drives. I also read that some like to camp somewhere along the Hood Canal. The drive is the best part of the trip, along with the views, a few stops for grub and the occasional Pint. So I am suggesting meeting in the Safeway car park in Belfair for the required coffee (8 coffee shops in town, take your pick, including Starbucks) then onto Sand Hill Road towards Seabeck, then out towards the Hood Canal Bridge, then Down to Hoodsport for the Raspberry wine! Lunch along the way.......anyone? Then for all those in need of a cold refreshment (Soda, Beer, Homemade Blackberry wine, Etc.) a stop by our waterfront Belfair home(Camping space available) is welcome.
              For those wishing to interject a stop or course, please post it. Cheers, Carl.

Comment

Ohhh Dopy me, gotta read the whole thread before opening my mouth, sorry. Saturday March 27th would be great! count me in. (not going to AMVIV this year)

Comment

By jove, I think we can make it!
                  Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                  1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Hey, I didn't know you guys were looking for an organizer! (More like an agitator!)

In no way attempting to Hi-Jack the previously proposed route. 27th works for us too.

I have a suggestion, how about running it in reverse this year?

Meet Fauntleroy / Vashon Ferry riders at the Port Orchard Fred Meyer's, Head up SR 16 to SR 3 stopping to meet the North Enders who took the Kingston boat over in Port Gamble vicinity, (Could also meet Bremerton Ferry riders along SR 3 between Bremerton and Silverdale.)

Run over the Hood Canal Bridge to Port Townsend for a stop at Bergstrom's, some caffeine, an early brew(?).

Back on the road again down around Hood Canal stopping in Hoodsport at the winery, and maybe the Ice Cream shop to stretch the legs and un-numb the butt.

Hit the road again for lunch at the Airport Diner for some of their award winning Fish-n-Chips with a view of the Bremerton "International" Airport & (Top End of) Raceway. Same Sites just different direction.

Breaking up from there with short runs to Bremerton Ferry, Southworth Ferry, Gig Harbor, Tacoma... and hopefully not Dave's trailer! I don't think we should stop in Quilcene to see the "friends" we met there last year, that might be too much of a good thing!

The trouble with overnighters in this area is that it is a popular weekend getaway and nearly everything but the Bates Motel fills up fairly quickly. Can be done with enough lead time, or a stay at the Boy Scout Camp

One of these days if we can get enough interest it would be fun to run to the ocean again, Peter & Joan, Oly, Robin & I ran that one in the rain! It rained all the way down to Long Beach, dried up a little for the way back.

Now if someone knows the Oakpatch Area really well that's another good run around. It's a cool fall drive, I usually end up getting sort of lost out there and discovering different routes!
                    Skip

Comment

Thanks Skip,
                      Carl's got this gig covered. He's doing it backward like you suggest. Belfair, north to Seabeck, Port Gamble and the Hood Canal bridge, South to perhaps lunch in Brinnon, Hoodsport, Purdy cutoff road (my favorite from last year), Back to Belfair/ Bremerton/ Southworth. Skipping Pt Townsend so as to spend more time farting about during and after the drive.
                      Speaking of farting about I feel an official SAMOA inspection of the Mini Q at Dave B's is in order. Really just an excuse to see Dawn and their new baby.

Don

Comment

very cool! Suggest the stop at end at Airport Diner, for fish-n-chips, they have beer for the swillers. Same airport Chuck runs Auto-X.
                        Skip

Comment

Plug for Port Angeles..

I'm going to catch up with you folks wherever you decide to go, but I must remind you the hurricane ridge road is newly paved! the blacktop is spectacular, and the scenery is really really nice.

I might convince Toga to open Saturday for good beer, but if not Camraderie winery will put on a good tasting for y'all if you get a hankerin.

Just throwin my hat in the ring.

see ya on the 27th.

Greg

Comment

yummmm Hood Canal corners....

Comment

Mini runnin'

A stop in Port Gamble sounds great (not too far of the track) we just need to co-ordinate an estimated time of arrival.....I'm thinkin' if we leave Belfair at around 10:15 we should make Port Gamble by about 10:45-11:00. Sound about right? Canine, if you have a route along Hurricane ridge, have at it, I am not too familiar with that road.

Comment

Working...
                              X