• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovren NW Historics

July 2nd and 3rd, Pacific Raceways.

http://www.sovren.org/

Don

This year's NW Historics will be held on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of July. Friday's the informal day as in past years. On Saturday and Sunday, the Car Corral will be up and running. That means parking with the other clubs out in front of the paddock area and getting to drive your Mini in the parade laps.

I haven't heard from SOVREN yet, but I expect the cost will be the same as previous year's event: $25/day or $40 for all three days. To get into the Car Corral, we'll have to order our tickets in a block. I'll take care of those arrangements, and I'll let people know what's going on as soon as I hear from the organizers.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Right up there on my favorites list. Sign me up.

Comment

Jerry's going. I'm going. James has expressed an interest in one of the three days of the event. Anyone else want to sign up?

The NW Historics -- SOVREN's fantastic vintage sports car races -- will be held July 2, 3 and 4 at Pacific Raceways east of Kent. The event runs from 9 to 5 each day, and this year's special guest is Augie Pabst, racing legend from the 50s and 60s (Maserati, Cunningham, Meister Brau Scarabs). The pace car driver will be Dominic Dobson. Featured display at the NWH will be "100 Years of Alfa."

Here's your chance to show off your Mini alongside other SAMOAns in the car corral out in front of the paddock area. You can sign up for one, two or all three days. You'll get a parade lap or two during the lunch hour Saturday and Sunday, and your car will be eligible in an informal judging for "Best Car" in various age groups (SOVREN awards some nice trophies in this area). You'll also get access to the paddock area to see the cars and talk to the crews. You'll get full access trackside so you can watch all the races all you want.

Cost for a car corral participant is $30/day or $50/all three days. A passenger pays $25/day or $40/all three days. Kids 7-16 get in for $5/day and those younger are free.

I have to order tickets in a bloc to get us space in the car corral and I have to place the order in the next couple of days. If you're interested in one, two or three days of beautiful old cars racing wheel-to-wheel, please speak up now so I can get you tickets.

P.S. I talked to someone at Seven Enterprises yesterday, and he told me there would be at least two Minis running at NWH this year. Seven may be there supporting the cars.
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Dan,
          I coming too.
          1 Day . either Saturday or Sunday.

peter

Comment

C'mon boys and girls. This event ranks with the Columbia Classic held in Portland over Labor Day plus it is right in our own back yard.

Comment

Man I'd love to go but with Greenwood and MMW the week before I've got to draw the line somewhere. Before Marian draws that line for me that is.

Don

Comment

I'm in for 1 day, either sat or sun.
                British eyes... only

Comment

Ping: Eric, James and Peter

Guys, I have to know which day you want a ticket for (they're for specific days). You have your pick of Saturday or Sunday, and you don't all have to pick the same day (unless you want to, of course). Please let me know when you want to show up and I'll order the tix.

Thanks.

Dan

Dan

Comment

Saturday for me.
                    British eyes... only

Comment

Saturday for us. Wouldn't miss it!
                      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Saturday and Sunday for Jerry

Comment

Dan,
                          Saturday for me.
                          peter

Comment

Will most likly be working the event The last I herd, we will have 4 or 5 cars going this year. Make sure you come by and say hi!
                            "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                            ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                            '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                            '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                            '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

We'll be there Saturday with the plasic fantastic Mini Marcos. My son and I were at the Spring Sprints. We were eating lunch in the grandstands and he held his arms up, looked around, and proclaimed "This is the greatest place on earth!"
                              Smart boy.
                              Dan- I also heard from the crew at 7 Enterprizes that at least a pair of Cali Minis will be joining the fray.
                              Tom
                              My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X