Crisin' Colby, May 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisin' Colby, May 31st

Lonnie Meadows of the Seattle Rod-tiques car club approached me at Greenwood this year to invite us to a show in Everett on Memorial Day. Here's his follow up e-mail.

Don,
    Thanks for your quick response. This years show (2010) will be May,30 & 31. We have a controlled cruise on Sunday (30th) and a dance that night following the cruise. The car show itself is on Monday (31st). The cost to enter a car is $20. That includes the cruise, dance and the car show on Monday.
    Last year we had what was called "VW Alley" and it was quite a success. We wanted to have a MINI Alley too but didn't get any response from anyone last year. Last year we had about 50 VW's of all shapes and sizes. We would like to do the same for the MINI's. If we could get a firm commitment of about the same number from you guys, then we would give you your own section and entrance into the show.
    You can go to our web site www.seattlerod-tiques.com, click on the Cruzin' to Colby tab and you should be able to down load any form that you may need. The site is in the process of being up-graded, so it might not have all of next years info on it yet. If you have ant questions, please feel free to give me a call.

We might be hard pressed to get 50 Mini's together. It's still way early but let me know what you think.

Don

Yeah, it's still early to decide whether or not you want to devote two days to Everett. And I think that's the weekend after Van Dusen, so that might figure into some people's plans.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

AKA Crusin' Colby

Comment

Might be fun, but Lonnie needs a little education between MINI and Mini.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Lonnie and I spoke at the Greenwood show surrounded by early Minis. I'll bet he's not looking for any Binis to show up. He's just not familiar with the MINI/Mini spelling subtlety.
          Don

Comment

I'm about to let Lonnie know that a Mini Alley is not in the cards this year what with Vancouver so close and then June for heavens sake. I'd encourage all interested Miniacs to register as individuals though. These hot rod shows are a blast!

Speak now or........

Don

Comment

E-mail sent today declining the invitation to have a Mini Alley.

Here's the event info.
              http://www.seattlerod-tiques.com/cruzin.html

Don

Comment

Working...
              X