Fall foilage run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall foilage run

Anyone interested in a reprise of last year's drive? Oh, and kindly keep your comments about my spelling to yourself..

Fall Foliage Run......

Provided my Mini is suspension ready (all new parts just not all installed yet), I will attend. What day are you planning?
    Attached Files
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Could be, could be....Refresh my memory, where'd we go last year?
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Sounds like fun, as long as I DON'T repeat the following monday where I watched my car burn to the ground. It was a fun drive though. I'ts hard to believe its been a year.
        "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
        ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
        '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan
        '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

We're in (I hope),
          I e-mailed Jim Olytrains. He picked the best roads South of Olympia last year!
          Don

Comment

I like floiage; I/we (depends on the day selected) would probably be up for a cruise.

Or we could simply park Don's red car, Jim's orange car and my red pickup together and pretend we're looking at a vine maple.

Dan
            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Last year's route was nice, not too long, scenic and twisty. I'd vote for the same. Next Sunday, 24 Oct, could be a possibility.

Comment

Dan,
                Great idea with the colors but then the run would take place in my shop. No fun at all.
                We'll bring the deep purple van.
                Don

Comment

Hi,
                  sounds good
                  I could o either
                  Saturday 24 Oct., or
                  Sunday 25 Oct. .
                  where would we meet.??
                  peter

Comment

Last year we met down south at a big truck stop near Olympia. It was convinient and you could top off the gas tank while munching on a tasty pepperoni stick.

Comment

Hi all,

This is a great idea. How about Sunday Oct 25th? That'd be next Sunday. I'll dig out the maps and see if I can make some minor changes in the route, if not we can do a repeat of last year.
                      The Pilot Station (truck stop) at 93rd Ave. worked out to be a good meeting place, so how about 11:00AM or so there. It seems that driving time was around three hours, so we may want a lunch stop along the way or at least at the end.
                      If this looks like something you'd all like to do I'll spend a little time this week working out the details. If the weather isn't too nasty I'll be at the meeting Tuesday, so we discuss more then.

Jim

Comment

Sunday works for me. Hopefully, the rains will be light enought for the drive to be enjoyable. Careful around those wet leaves.....

Comment

Dang! We can't do the 24th or the 25th. We'll be in Port Townsend that weekend.
                          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Sunday works for me.

I'd rather not run down I-5 to Olympia, though. Anyone want to cruise to the cruise? Say, to Yelm, Rainier and across to the Pilot truck stop?

Dan
                            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Dan,
                              If some of you are coming via Yelm and Rainier we could actually rendezvous in Rainier. The route we did last year took us very close, with just a bit of a change we'd be right in beautiful downtown Rainier.
                              I'm going to go out and drive the route in a day or two and see if I can make it a bit different than last year. Maybe we could trade the view from the capitol for a great barbeque restaurant?
                              Does the 25th work for most of you?
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X