XXX Mini/MINI Car Show/Benefit Sept. 27, 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XXX Mini/MINI Car Show/Benefit Sept. 27, 09

I want to inform SAMOA of PS MINI Motoring Club’s MINI/Mini Cooper Car Show at the XXX Root Beer Drive-In on September 27 in Issaquah Washington. This will be an extremely fun event. This Drive-in has been putting on many car shows at their Drive-In on Sundays in the summer for many years. The shows can be H U G E, taking up all spaces around the XXX and even across the street. This is our first annual show, and we hope to make it grow each and every year. We will be having a DJ, raffle, vendors and a couple of surprises, plus trophies/ribbons for the winners. . ALL MINIS YOUNG AND OLD, near and far are invited to participate. Let's get in as many Mini’s as possible and WOW the spectators. Everyone loves Minis and MINIS so I know many people will come to ooo and awe them. People come for a great lunch (their Root Beer Floats are outa thisa worlda) yum yum. There will be a block of rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn in Issaquah for Friday, Saturday. Prices are $89.00 for 1 king, $99.00 for 2 queens and if the guest takes hi room board card to the XXX, they will receive a coupon for another $10.00 off. Good deal and nice hotel. The flier and registration Form is now available on our psmini.org. Let’s make the MINI SHOW an event to remember. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or phone me @360.886.5242. Registration for can be found at: http://www.psmini.org/Common/XXX%20Registration2.pdf Hope “you all” can come.
    Last edited by kenru; 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM.

XXX, CASH? Burgers?

I just read a bunch of reviews on the XXX Burger joint and found it all a bit disappointing. Almost everyone said the Burgers are over priced, pancake like and greasy, the trade to Onion rings from Fries to be a rip off ($2.99), and the the interior to be a bit claustrophobic (lots of old car paraphernalia)! I think the place is just a spectacle inside and out.
    We went a couple of years ago for a kids B-Day thing and didn't get one of the orders until the rest of us where about done,...but the shakes were huge!! (If you like that kind of thing)

BRING CASH, they charge $2.50 for a service charge just for using the plastic!!

Besides all that, it will be a Mini/BINI, event so it should be fun.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Yeah, you may be right about all that Triple X stuff, Carl, but if I was going to car shows for the cuisine, I wouldn't go to very many.

I've been to several Triple X events (as a spectator, not an entrant), and I think the vibe depends on the cars and the car owners. I think we should be at the Mini/BINI show because our cars are vibe-enhancers.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

This spring was the first time I'd ever been to the XXX in Issaquah. We went for the Italian car show and I thought it's a great venue for this Mini/MINI event. Food purchase at the XXX is not a requirement. We're going to pack a pic-a-nic basket, Yogi, and maybe save room for a root beer float for dessert.

It seems to me like a perfect opportunity to show the general public how cool the classic Mini is in comparison to the new one. Graham will be there.
        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Good on ya, Ed. I mailed in my registration earlier this week.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I went to the Italian car show too,
            where Ed was ( xxx) I brought the green Inno
            ( since it made in italy) they accepted it.
            I mailed my registration
            \for the upcoming show too.l
            Peter

Comment

If I can excavate the car this weekend I think I will attend as well.

Any idea how many minis will be there?
              "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

About a half-dozen have stated they're going to be there so I'm guessing 12 to 20 the way things usually go. And there's a whole nuther week to get more people on the band wagon. Should be a nice classic Mini display with the classy new 50th Anniversary banner that Patti Boyd made for the club.

Hope to see you out there Richard.
                Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Now that my Mini seems to be running well again, I'm in!
                  British eyes... only

Comment

Hi everyone, ummmm, hmmmmm, I really don't post much but I have met some of you here and there over the last year, but never with my mini LOL (my endless sorting of this and that on my car to get it running and reliable for what seems to be years) I think I would be able to actually attend my FIRST event... finger crossed. I actually pre registered for this event so at least I want to attend. Should be interesting for me but really not sure what to do or expect. Hope to meet some of you with my mini. I don't want you all to expect my mini is top notch, just running.

Comment

Are you bringing your ERA car, Rey?

Believe me, we don't have any club standards you have to live up to. These shows, from Portland all the way up to Vancouver, are just for hanging out, trading stories and enjoying what we brung.

Dan
                      Dan

Comment

Yea, what Bigshot said...

Not that I'm committing but I was thinking I might take Woody to the XXX, leaking oil, deteriorating wood, rust and all.

Its not about impressing anyone. More about enjoying the day/event with your car, and with a bunch of other fanatics. You already mentioned probably the biggest criteria, that being that its running.

Jerry C
                        Jerry C
                        "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Originally posted by BIGSHOT View Post
                          Are you bringing your ERA car, Rey?

Believe me, we don't have any club standards you have to live up to. These shows, from Portland all the way up to Vancouver, are just for hanging out, trading stories and enjoying what we brung.

Dan
                          Hi Dan,
                          Yes that is the one... When I got the car the exterior was completely changed by the previous owner.... so the outside appearance really does not resemble the ERA. but the interior, motor is all correct. Looking forward to hanging out...

Comment

I'll be there with my "bottom notch" Van.

Don

Comment

Ok, the car has been located and I am registered, so see you all on Sunday.

This could possibly be the best show for the FATMINI since it is root beer brown. Maybe a waxing is in order?

Anyone going up 18 to Issaquah – Hobart road, the back way?
                              "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

Working...
                              X