SOVREN Historic Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOVREN Historic Races

A few SAMOANS do this event every year. Right Dan?

July 3-5, 2009
    Pacific Raceways

http://www.sovren.org/

Don

Thanks for reminding me, Don. I meant to bring this up on Tuesday.

Anyway, I've been organizing this for SAMOA for the past five or six years. The NW Historics event brings three days of vintage sports car racing to Pacific Raceways east of Kent/Auburn. On Saturday and Sunday, SOVREN makes the field outside the paddock entrance (the car corral) available so car clubs can park members' cars there and show them off to an enthusiast audience. It's great event for a great cause (Children's Hospital). Attendance costs $25/day and $40 for the three days (the car corral is available for parking on Friday, but there's no official show that day). Your ticket gets you a space for your Mini in the car corral, a shot at a trophy, a couple of parade laps around the track, admission to the paddock so you can get up close and personal with the racers and their cars, and all the exciting vintage racing action you can handle.

Tickets are best ordered in advance to make sure you get a spot in the corral. SOVREN has sent me the order form and I'll add more details right here in coming days. I'll also provide more information at the May meeting. If you have questions, just shout 'em out.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I really like this event. The whole atmosphere is one of appreciation for historic motor sports; from the cars, to the drivers, to the fans...terrific. SAMOA should be there in force. However, the holiday weekend tends to dilute participation. Understandable. But if you like the smell of race fuel exhaust, the sound of a Ferrari V12 at full throttle, neat cars and good food (ok, mediocre hotdogs and BBQ sandwiches), then this is the place for you. PLUS, during the parade lap, you get to fly down the hill towards turn 3A and hope that your brakes work! Sadly, I will have to miss this year's races, as I'm going to the 50th in Minnesota. It was a tough decision.

Comment

Dan,

I haven't been here posting for awhile due to family commitments, but now I'm back for some fun. Count me in for tickets to the Historics this year as last year I didn't make it in time.
        Thanks!

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,

If you bring the 1100, I'll bring mine.
          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Hello Ed,

You will have to ask my wife about that...it's her car!
            Maybe I can persuade her to let me use it.

Steve

Comment

Why not bring both cars? How could she pass up the chance to do a couple of hot laps of Pacific Raceways! Hangin' out in the pits is a lot of fun too of course.
              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

I like to go too, but can come only on
                Sunday the 5th of July,
                anybody else??
                peter

Comment

you cannot order -online- the tickets
                  Order direct from:
                  Bill Hardrath
                  Sovren Guild
                  \22656 24th Av S
                  Des Moines Wa. 98198
                  tel. 206 420 9996
                  per Day 25 $ all 3 Days 4o$
                  checks payble to" Sovren Guild
                  extra passengers pay at the gate.

thks
                  Peter

Comment

Who's all going on Sunday?

Steve

Comment

The Springer brood will be there, sans car, Saturday.
                      Tom
                      My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Came Sunday, the only other mini there was
                        Steve from Ferndale with his nice red wagon.
                        Saw 1 mini( light blue) racing looked good. At lunch w e had the ususal
                        LAB arround the track with all the parked cars. This time they gave us
                        3 labs. was great, steve and i followed ( chasing)!! some ferrari s around the corners pretty cool. Then afterwards the usual questions about cars.
                        Gas mileage, where can i get one. We had a least 3 serious potential
                        buyers.
                        How was it Saturday????

ps: no photos from here, my camera broke ,perhaps steve made some.

Peter

Comment

On Saturday there was a red/black Cooper S in the car corral. I didn't stick around to see whose it was...my five year old was ripping my arm from it's socket, leading me to the stands to watch the races. On Sunday in the parking lot was another Cooper S light bluish/white. Also in the lot was a blue '78 with a for sale sign on it.
                          Tom
                          My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Working...
                          X