Mini Clinic 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Clinic 2009?

No one has brought up the annual Mini Clinic on here or at the meetings. Although I won't have the time to hold the usual type Clinic, "I have a cunning plan."
    Let's talk about it at the meeting Tuesday night.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

"Baby" needs a check-up

Dr. Cheleker, is this where I make an appointment for a check-up for "Baby" before I take her to Canada next month?

Comment

So the Mini Clinic is at Gwitch's place this year? Don

Comment

gwitch, 425 226 2783 or we can talk before or after the meeting tomorrow.

Comment

So, here's the deal. Biscuit, my light brown, South African Wolseley 1000 Mini needs some work done to it so that Ryno and Ella will have a car to drive to Mini Meet.
          The work will involve pulling the engine, changing the final drive gears from 3.765 to 3.44, changing the speedometer to match the new final drive gears, reinstalling the engine, adding a Stage One kit, and swapping out the 6.2 gallon fuel tank for a 9 gallon one.
          If you'd like to watch or partake in this process to further your Mini knowledge, set aside the weekend of May 23rd and 24th.

Comment

Curious about what time on the 23rd and 24th, and what portions will be done on each day. might be interesting to watch.

Comment

Onlookers and kibitzers welcome. The Biscuit Clinic is meant to be a teaching clinic.

Saturday: Start time 9:00 am.
              Engine will be out before lunch.
              Lunch at The Basket Case?
              Final drive and speedometer changed after lunch.
              While the car is in the air, an inspection of brakes and suspension and the other greasy bits can be done by those that know what to look for showing those that don't.

Sunday: Start time 10:30 am.
              Engine back in the car (or continue hooking up if installed the day before)
              Install Stage One kit as everything else gets reconnected.
              Car on the ground and running in the afternoon.

Comment

BISCUIT CLINIC CANCELED.
                It was a good idea, but I had to get started. Time freed up from working on the South African Estate (the engine isn't back, yet). Time is getting short, so I got a head start on the Wolseley. The fuel tank and fuel pump were changed on Wednesday. Yesterday, I pulled the engine and started on the final drive change. Today, that should be done and the engine ready to go back into the car. I might get the speedometer changed out and the choke and throttle cables changed out, too.

There's still lots of work to do. The engine needs to go back into the car, the Stage One kit added, and the car running. So, if you want to get your hands dirty or just watch the process you're welcome to come by, but the full "Clinic" will have to wait for another time.

Comment

Working...
                X