Portland ABFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland ABFM

My plan for the Portland show is to CAMP???? on the field this year. Anyone done it before? What are the conditions? I seem to remember trees off in the distant camping area. Other than the fact that I'm a fool for contemplating this, any thoughts? Don

Something from Craig House of OMS to contemplate while you try to figure out the camping issue. (Maybe email Craig about [email protected])

Hi Folks! As you probably know, OMS became the seventh marque club to join the Field Meet Steering Committee last year. This was by invitation based on our club’s enthusiasm and historically good turn-out. Now WE own the following events:

· Giant Slalom – run on Saturday and Sunday around the noon-time, the Vintage races are suspended so we can allow Field Meet entrants a chance to experience a fast-paced and challenging autocross speed and style event on the track surfaces. Jeff Drago and Jeff Doan headed up a crew of volunteers to stage this last year and the results were fantastic!

· Photo Contest – on display Saturday from 10 am ‘til 3 pm, entrants offer intriguing and artful photos for popular judging in a “town square” tent. This year we are expanding the concept to include all auto-related arts & crafts (mixed media, needle-work, diorama displays, models, etc) – should be a great mix of contestant entries to view! Leslie Pegues and Teri Sullivan are doing the scheming for this one.

· ABFM Rallye – held Sunday from 8 am until awards are given out at 2 pm in the main tent, this event is laid out this year by Eric & Heather Newland and offers entrants a unique view of parklands in and around Portland.

So there are two questions on my mind. . . . .

1. HAVE YOU REGISTERED ALL THOSE BRITISH AUTOS YOU OWN? With over 800 entrants in recent years, this is the absolute BEST venue to immerse yourself in up to 3 days of British fun! See www.abfm-pdx.com for all the details and how to register!

2. CAN WE COUNT ON YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER TO HELP OUT ON ONE OF OUR EVENTS? Each event only lasts a few hours, and with enough helpers we can limit your time spent! We don’t really need many helpers, but you will receive the infamous ABFM WORKER-BEE T-SHIRT for your efforts and recognition in an up-coming OMS SOCIETY PAGES newsletter! We might even gather the workers for a group photo and arrange a BBQ party afterward as a celebration and THANKS for your help!

Our Event Chairpersons will be GLAD to have your assistance! Please reply to this email (to me only, not “reply all”!) if so inclined . . . . and THANKS in advance for your help!

Craig House

President - OMS

Committee - Portland ABFM
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

More from Craig House of OMS:

BY THE WAY . . . . you DO know that registration of a British car isn’t required to come out and enjoy the many sights and sounds of the 3-day weekend anyway??? “guest” gate passes are $10 per day, giving you access to participate in everything but having a car on the field or in the Rallye & Slalom! LOTS of things to do and see for the family, so spread the word and encourage family & friends alike to join us for a great weekend! www.abfm-pdx.com

. . . . and you can STILL volunteer to help with an event and get the T-shirt, so let me know!

Craig House
      President - OMS

Comment

Don, one word...mosquitos

Comment

who is going and when??
          I like to leave the friday 29.of Aug during the day
          Peter

Comment

i'm trying to see if i can get down there (and i'd be camping too), but i got to arrange for my swim team practices and getting ready for school, etc. we'll see!!
            Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I plan on heading down with fellow SAMOA cars on Friday as well.
              "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
              ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
              '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
              '60 Morris Van - Marvan
              '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

I as well will be camping in the field as I did last year. My daughter and I enjoyed very much and got prime parking come sat morning. I am also working on a driving route that will be different than last year and other years past.

Comment

Can someone take the club canopy and banner? I'm going but won't be able to take them this time.
                  Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                  1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Whidby, I enjoyed the heck out of your run to Portland last year, good to hear you're doing it again.

Ed, I'll take the camping sunshade, er I mean SAMOA canopy to the show.

Don

Comment

I'll give you a call Don.
                      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

More from Craig House, OMS Pres.

Surely you are registered?? We’d like to have a GRAND showing of our wee Beasties this year, and have offered TWELVE CLASSES for your Classic and Neo cars to pick from! This is one of the premier car weekends in the NorthWest, and you’ll be able to participate in these fun family events:

· Popular-judged auto & bike show Saturday

· Giant Slalom driving course Saturday and Sunday

· Arts, Crafts & Photo Contest Saturday

· Slot car racing for charity

· RC Mini auto-cross

· Land Rover performance course rides

· SOVERN Vintage auto racing (the Columbia River Classic)

· ABFM Saturday Bar-B-Que dinner

· Sunday Swap Meet

· Sunday Portland Tour-Rallye

It’s not too late to enter! And, if you just can’t get that Beastie to budge, come on out anyway for only $10 gate entry fee and enjoy the day with hundreds of autos / bikes and all the friends of old iron!

www.abfm-pdx.com

Craig House

President - OMS

Comment

Dave,
                          I also enjoyed last years run! We are looking forward to whatever route. How about meeting at N.W. MINI again?
                          '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

Looks like Craig forgot all about Friday night,
                            - packet pick up
                            - free food
                            - Friday night drags
                            '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

Working...
                            X