X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinco de Mini Tour, May 5

News from Carl Barfield:

The Cinco de Mini Hood Canal run is on!

We will meet at the Belfair Safeway/Stabucks car park at 10am Saturday the 5th of May, 2018. The tour will include a few stops including the Hamma Hamma oyster shop around noon for lunch, the Hood Canal winery, and some beautiful view points. This is not a SAMOA only event, nor is lunch provided by any club. So bring some form of $$.
    I hope to see a few Minis make it from the Seattle area and then some. More details - 360 649 8255, or check the blog:

https://seattleoriginalminis.wordpress.com/next-event/

Cheers, Carl.
    Last edited by minied; 05-04-2018, 11:44 AM.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Is Hood Canal still there? I thought it was filled with dirt for apodments for the Seattle overflow.

Marian and I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Don

Comment

Cinco de mini

will be there

peter

Comment

I'll be there.

Comment

Lunch

I can't make the entire tour, but would like to join you at lunch stop.
          Where and at what approximate time ?
          Thank you
          Dale LaFay

Comment

We'll hopefully be at the Hamma Hamma oyster place by noon. Cheers, Carl.
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

😋 thank you

Comment

Great to see old friends again, and those beautiful Minis.

Comment

Tour de Canal

thanks to Carl, to organize/ lead this trip today
                  after 264 km/ 164 miles and 6 hours we made all the way around the Canal
                  beautiful weather / nice curvy roads on the 2nd half of the trip !!!
                  ended up in Belfair again for a toast.
                  We had ttl.of 8 minis and a Cobra !!
                  Thks again

peter

Comment

To echo what Peter wrote, it was a great trip. I saw parts of Washington that I never knew existed. Lost Merv along the way, waiting for a tow, with a flat right front tire on the Cobra but AAA was on the way so no guilt for not staying with him. And Don Dixon retired early with a misbehaving HIF44 throttle shaft. What did you find was wrong, Don?

Comment

Misspent blame. The throttle cable was the culprit, not the butterfly shaft. I put some 20/50 in the sheath and things are quite smooth now. I've heard mention of not lubricating the cables, any thoughts as to why? This fix, as approved by a Boeing Commercial Aircraft inspector, got us home. One low current jumper wire sacrificed.

Don

Comment

Ya, we had to leave a bit early but.... turns out CB's Nuts, on the way to Kingston, has beer as well as peanuts! Good beer.

Many thanks to Carl and all the participants! Great day out and on the road. Thanks to Jeff for the extra throttle spring. Good to see Dale at Hamma Walla.

Don

Comment

Fit, form and function, my friend. Clever engineering. On another subject, if oiling the sheath/cable solved the problem, great. I've heard, though it is not been my experience, that using oil is a short term fix but could lead to contamination/sticking in the future. Something about oil attracting dirt. Maybe Water Displacement formula #40 is a better choice. Dunno. Any problem that I've had with a sticking HIF44 throttle cable was solved by routing the cable to ease any sharp bends, particularly where it comes out of the firewall and slightly enlarging the hole in the brass ferrule at the firewall end of the cable sheath.

Comment

In case of further binding I see MS sell a heavy duty nylon sleeved accelerator cable available.

https://www.minispares.com/product/C...r/C-AHT85.aspx

Other than the 2 DNF's, the Cinco run went really well - thanks again Carl!

Comment

Working...
                            X