Vashon Strawberry Festival Car Parade - 7/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vashon Strawberry Festival Car Parade - 7/13

For the past couple years Peter and I have lamented that there wasn't a better Mini presence at this most enjoyable event.

Imagine, driving your Mini in a parade with hundreds of people waving and cheering at YOU! Imagine, a small-town festival with all the music, food and other fun you usually find at a small-town festival. Imagine enjoying our own Peter Larsen performing with his band in the city park!

Not only that, it's free! Well, except for the ferry ride.

Registration deadline is June 15 (though I bet they'll let you in if you're a day or so late) so jump on it if you're interested. For more info and a registration form go to: www.vashonchamber.com, click on the Strawberry Festival link and then scroll to the bottom of the page.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

A second thread has been started for this event. Refer to it as well for more info.

The parade is on Sunday but it turns out that if you want to enjoy Peter and his band you'll need to go on Saturday when they will be playing in Ober Park.
    Ed

Comment

I'm signed up for the parade on Sunday,anyone else? Shootin' for the 8:55 ferry from Fauntleroy. Don

Comment

Sounds good to me Don. Shall we tour from your place?
        Ed

Comment

Ya Sure.

Comment

So how was the festival?

I had hoped to make it to hear Peter's band and see the car parade, but ended up having family in town and couldn't make it to Vashon.

Hope someone took some photos!

Comment

Ed, his beau Chris and I sailed over from Seattle. We were joined by locals Oly and Gordon.

Ed, before the parade.

Ed gave me 5 bucks for the oppourtunity to wax my car.

Lunch at Gordon's.

The parade was larger than last year I hear. Rather hot and slow, some cars were overheating. The high point was definately lunch at Le Gordon Estates!

Don

Comment

I must admit I got a little carried away polishing Minis for the parade. Seemed to me like more cars in the parade, more spectators and way more interest in the Minis this year. The pace sure did seem awfully slow. The route ran in the opposite direction and ended with a Show-n-shine complete with runs on a rolling road dyno and a pretty good local surf band at the super market instead of the lumber yard. Thanks for the tour of your marvelous estate Gordon, we really need to have a meeting or event at your place!
                Ed

Comment

A lot of parade participants missed Peter and Joan. "I know this couple...They've got a white one.... and a green one.... just like this .... I think...." Don

Comment

Working...
                  X