SOVREN's NW Historics vintage races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOVREN's NW Historics vintage races

The Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts is celebrating the 20th running of the Northwest Historics at Pacific Raceways on July 4, 5 and 6. SAMOAns are invited to display their Minis in the Car Corral (for 1, 2 or all three days), wander the paddock area, watch some sensational vintage racing and take parade laps of the circuit (on Saturday and/or Sunday).

One-day passes (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) cost $25 for a car and driver. One-day passengers also pay $25, except for kids 7 to 16, who pay $5. Three-day passes cost $40.

This year, the $5 event programs are not included in the cost of admission.

Still, it’s a great event for a great cause (proceeds go to Children’s Hospital), so e-mail me at heyberglund(at)comcast.net if you’re interested. Because we have to enter on one form, and because the Car Corral entry deadline is June 15, I’d like to make arrangements fairly soon. Drop me an e-mail.

Dan

Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Ttt
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

count me in for 1 day saturday July 5, 1 car, 1 person
      Peter

Comment

I'll definately be there at least one day, maybe two. Is it too late to get in on the car corral?

Comment

I'm aleady down with Dan for Sat.
          Garan, it will be nice to see you, again. You and your car "disappeared" for a while!
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Got my tickets for Saturday from Dan in the mail the other day!
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Yup. Got my tickets in the mail. Thanks Dan-you the man!

Comment

SOVREN's NW Historics vintage races

Dan,

Is it to late to get tickets and get in on the corral? Sunday would work for me if it's possible.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

this might be a topic for another thread, but would anyone be interested in getting together a group to go down to the portland vintage races? they have an autocross there as well which would be tons of fun

Comment

Garen, someone will start a thread on this subject. Usually the club has 5-10cars that convoy down a well travelled route, with a stop for lunch along the way. Great fun.

Comment

Bigshot Dan, For us procrastinators, what is the possibility of sneaking a car into the car corral? Not totally sure about it but we may attempt to make it to SIR, Pacific Raceways or what ever they are calling it these days.
                      Skip

Comment

It's called Pacific Raceways these days, Skip. If you don't have a car corral pass, you may still smooth-talk your way in, but there are no guarantees. Your odds of getting a car corral spot are better on Friday (when the corral is informal) or Sunday. On Saturday, the traditionally busiest day, it gets tighter, but if you show up early (gates open at 8:30) and maybe offer to forego the parade lap, you might just land a spot. I mean, Minis don't take up a whole lot of room, and several members have talked their way into the corral in past years.

Even if you can't cadge entry to the corral, the NW Historics are worth seeing. The car corral (SAMOA has three officially entered cars) is a good show in its own right. Then you can wander through the paddock area and watch the crews wrenching away. Most of these folks are more than willing to talk about their old cars. There also are display booths where you can see even more cool cars, parts and regalia. And of course the old racers are steadily blasting around the track.

If you haven't been there for a while, you'll find that Pacific Raceways management has been spending fairly big bucks sprucing up the old course -- adding more stands and such. It all adds up to one heck of an event. And there's still nothing like the sound of a Can-Am V-8 roaring past at full gallop. Hope to see you there.

Dan
                        Dan

Comment

I'll be there at 8:30.
                          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Chuck, by my reckoning, it's your turn for the pastries.....

Comment

Old Porsche

Older Porsche

Old Alfa

Way older Alfa

These are just a few of the 110 shots I snapped at the NW Historics today. As you can see, there's something here for just about everybody. In the main display tent, you could have checked out the Porsche Carrera GT, the 550 Spyder, or the 917 shown above. Or you could have talked to Al Unser, who was sitting in the corner just waiting for someone to ask for his autograph.

Everywhere you turn here, you're going to see beautiful cars of all types and all ages. And there's still time to take part. The SOVREN event is going on all day Saturday and Sunday at Pacific Raceways.

Dan
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X