Concours de Maryhill Loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concours de Maryhill Loops

Chuck, Jerry and I left Renton last Friday, took last year's route across the mountains, and spent the weekend in the Goldendale area. The Saturday car show on the Maryhill Museum grounds had a good crowd and great weather. The Minis were warmly welcomed by folks at the show. SOVREN's Sunday hill climb up theMaryhill Loops was fun, but could have used a few more cars.

Essentially a hot rod event, the show still had a smattering of imports, classics and stockers. Just look at the cars in this photo: Rambler, Corvette, Fiero, Chevy truck, Ford, Ford, Ford, Ford, a flock of Saabs and three Minis.

Three OMS cars were in the field this year. This is Lynn Long's L/E; Eric Newland and Bill Beeler were running up the hill climb course when I was shooting these photos.

Chuck got this shot of me accepting the "Best British" award. Winning cars get to drive past the crowd.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

The air was cold as heck when the cars began climbing the course on Sunday morning. Fortunately, it didn't take long to warm up. That's Tacoma's Charly Mitchel in the red Triumph and Larry Sandham in the Clubbie.

This 1925 Amilcar -- a Mille Miglia veteran -- was kind of a crowd favorite. It was running sans fenders to save weight. Sporting its original paint and an 1100 cc powerplant, it was surprisingly quick on the hill.

Another of the hill climb's sentimental favorites was this 1909 Isotta Fraschini. The 107-year-old racer was beautifully restored. And when it came to blazing speed, the I-F was beautifully restored.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Working...
    X