Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorin' For Wishes Poker Run

Second Annual Motorin' for Wishes Poker Run 2016

Make-A-Wish Alaska & Washington grants about 360 wishes per year to kids with life threatening medical conditions. Unfortunately, there are about 500 kids per year that qualify for a wish. This event will help close this gap and bring Make-A-Wish closer to its goal of every eligible child receiving a wish.

The Concept: A fun drive with 5 stops where you draw a poker card at each stop. At the last stop, prizes are awarded to best and worst poker hands as well as several door prizes.

When: August 28th (rain or shine)
    Registration opens at 9:30am
    Event begins at 10:30am-ish

Where:Starts at British Pantry in Redmond and ends at British Bites in Puyallup.

Cost: $20 donation
    Additional hands/passengers $10

Things you'll need:

-Full tank of gas

-Possibly a rain jacket or umbrella (let's hope not though) or hopefully sunscreen.

-An empty boot for all the prizes we have lined up to give away thanks to our generous sponsors.

-Registration is between 9:30 and 10:30am, then the cars head out after a brief drivers meeting.

We hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by Frankenvan; 08-13-2016, 03:10 PM.
    Mitch & Teri
    Frankenvan--1961 Australian Van
    Mini Cabriolet

Mitch, is this primarily a back-road trip? And how are the cars released at 10:30?

Sounds like it could be fun.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Hi Dan,

It is mostly back roads through eastern King and Pierce Counties (on Hwy 18 briefly). We'll release the cars in small groups and the group leader will deal the poker card at each stop.
      Mitch & Teri
      Mini Cabriolet

Comment

UPDATE: Those that attended the event last year will recall that there were more prizes than attendees (and we had a good turnout for the event) thanks to our generous sponsors. Prizes included a MINI bike, MINI watch, Union Jack apron, and MINI umbrella to name a few.

Our generous sponsors British Bites and British Pantry have done it again this year. Here is just a sample of the great poker run and raffle prizes they have donated for this year's event:

British Bites has also donated a $25 gift certificate. Should be another awesome event this year. Hope to see you there on the 28th for what should be another great event!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Frankenvan; 08-13-2016, 06:08 PM.
        Mitch & Teri
        Mini Cabriolet

Comment

It's supposed to be a beautiful day Sunday for a drive, and you get to help Make-A-Wish on top of that! As a board member I see the list of names every month of the kids waiting to have a wish granted, and to me its one of the saddest list of names I've seen. I'm trying to do all I can to make that list as short as possible. I hope you'll help me.

Registration begins at 9:30am. At that time you can also buy raffle tickets for the great items shown above. Here is a better view of some of the great items we're giving away thanks to our great sponsors:
          Attached Files
          Mitch & Teri
          Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Mitch! Unfortunately we can't make it.

Comment

Jeremy at JET Motors just donated 2 $25 gift certificates as prizes.
              Mitch & Teri
              Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Thank you again to all that came out for the 2nd Annual Motorin' For Wishes Poker Run. We had 41 cars turn out and raised over $2,500 for Make-A-Wish! That is $1,200 more than last year, and has set the bar pretty high for next year. Thank you to our great sponsors--NW MINI, JET Motors, British Pantry, British Bites, and GoBadges. All who attended would agree that they were very generous with the prizes they donated to the event. And a big thank you to the volunteers that helped with the event.

The winners were:
                Best hand-Deanne Werner
                Worst hand- Mathew Briggs
                British Bites added that they would give a fresh pot of tea to both our winners.

We look forward to seeing you all for next year's poker run!
                Mitch & Teri
                Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                X