SOVREN's Pacific Northwest Historics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOVREN's Pacific Northwest Historics

The Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts will be holding their premier annual event at Pacific Raceways July 1, 2 and 3 this year, and SAMOAns will be showing their Minis in the Car Corral. Friday is informal parking in the Corral, but on Saturday and Sunday during the lunch break you'll get to run parade laps on the course. For all three days, you'll get to watch as much vintage racing as you can handle. You'll also get access to the paddock area, where you can get up close and personal with all manner of old race cars and talk with the owners, shoot photos, etc.

You can buy tickets for one, two or three days. They're $30 for a day or $50 for all three days. Passengers are $25/day and kids 7-16 are $5/day.

NOTE: As in past years, I'll be buying tickets in a block. Use this thread to tell me how many tickets you want and for which day(s), then pay me when you get your tickets and passes. I want to order all tickets this coming weekend.

Mini Meets have kept me from the NW Historics for the past couple of years and I'm looking forward to the sights and sounds of the 2016 NW Historics. I think I can already smell the Castrol.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

I'm in for all three days. My favorite event AND I don't have to get up at 4 AM.

Comment

get me a Tkt. for Sunday only ,, 1 car

thks
      peter

Comment

three tickets for Saturday and car corral. Dallas M.

Comment

Oops, make that Sunday.

Comment

I'll be there on Saturday.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Sorry, Dallas. Tickets were ordered a couple of weeks ago and have already been distributed.

Dan
              Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Car Cprral

Can I still get registered for the Car Corral?
                Last edited by XXSMALL; 06-19-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Car Corral

Is the car corral and parade lap something which requires pre-registration ?
                  (Looking @ Saturday} Thanks for any light you can shed.

Dick Johnson

Comment

If my memory is correct, you might be able to get into the car corral on the day of. Some running around from the ticket booth back to the entrance to the car corral would be required because event admission tickets as well as car corral passes are collected at the car corral entry point. They may not let you in on the day of the event because it is a logistical headache to figure out how many cars will attend and plan where to park them all. Which is why pre-registration is helpful for the organizers.

Comment

Sorry, Dick. Tickets were ordered a couple of weeks ago and have already been distributed. Like I said in the first message, we order a SAMOA block of tickets. That's easiest for everyone involved. But like Jerry said, you stand a fairly good chance of talking your way into the Car Corral on the day of -- if it isn't too full.

Dan
                      Dan

Comment

what is the best time , or how early or late
                        to be there? I m coming Sunday
                        peter

Comment

I usually show up about 0800-0830. The track opens for practice at 0900.

Comment

It was a lazy Friday at Pacific Raceways. We checked in with Greg and stopped to chat with Larry Sandham. Larry's Clubbie is very quick out there. Greg's skateboard isn't quite as fast.

You never know what will show up in the Car Corral. This '38 Alfa 8C2900 parked next to Dick Johnson's car. Straight 8, body by Touring. Wow.

Dan
                            Dan

Comment

Pretty decent weekend although the quality and quantity of racing population has dropped off dramatically. The largest group of racers were the Pro3 BWMs from the '80's! But the parade laps were fun with the exception of getting stuck behind the Corvettes on Sunday. And I do mean stuck.

Comment

Working...
                              X