Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dyno Day - 2013 is Sat. April 27th @ 10 a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day - 2013 is Sat. April 27th @ 10 a.m.

Hi All!

Just to give this topic it's very own posting and Title, I'm posting per our discussion at Saturday's meeting, we will have our upcoming dyno day on Saturday, April 27th at 10 a.m. at Carb Connection in Kirkland! The contact we have there is Alex, and he has confirmed that we can have as many as 25-30 Classic Minis attend and fill their whole Saturday.

We have already confirmed that we have over eight classic Minis attending, so we'll easily meet the minimum they've set. I'd like to now request, through replies to this thread, the total number of people / cars that will attend. Please, in your reply, include the number of people in your party, the number and type of classic Mini that you'll be bringing to do your dyno run. The list will also be available at upcoming SAMOA events and meetings to allow all to sign up on paper as well.

If anyone would like to do anything with food and drink, please pipe in and take charge of setting up a "potluck" of sorts. ( We could be there for a long day - well 10 a.m. til 4 p.m. - so some sort of sustenance would be great. )

If you have any questions, please sound off and let's make this a great event!
    Thanks for your interest and participation!
    Best,
    MSH

- - Below is a previous posts basic info so it's all in one place. - -

Dyno Day at Carb Conn ( Carburetor Connection ), Kirkland, WA
    Basics for a “Club Competition” of sorts ( Braggin’ Rights )
    -$75.00 per car / a minimum of 5 cars - Saturday mornings
    -NO Tuning whatsoever - Bar b que / Food / event is welcome ( club provided )
    Carb Conns’ All Wheel Drive dyno allows for 10 inch wheels and low cars – has smaller rollers
    They have run classic Minis and other carb’d and F.I.’d Little British Cars before
    The number of pulls is until you and the operator get a consistent rating / reading.

For a later date, non “club competition” dyno tuning info is: approximate costs are $145 for regular dyno session , with $125 / per hour for tuning. Any questions, Call Ed or Alex directly on 425-820-1871
    It is in Totem Lake, just East of I-405 off of N.E. 124th St, right next to the railroad tracks.
    13611 - N.E. 126th Place, Ste. # 240
    Kirkland, WA 98034 ((( WWW.CARBCONN.COM )))
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Put me down for 1 as tentative, bringing my 1972 Innocenti Mini 1000 (featuring a 1293!).

Comment

Ttt. We will look forward to seeing you all there.
      Best,
      MSH

Comment

The Inno won't be making it, at least not with me driving. And I believe the new owner will be out of town, despite his interest in attending. Maybe next time!

Comment

TTT for any of you last minute signups! Let us know if you'll be there, okay?
          MSH

Comment

I won't be there as the mini is not running right and I am in yakima this weekend doing things.
            1971 mini Clubman Turbo
            1991 Black German mini
            2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

How was the Dyno Day? Any results?

Comment

It was cool. ( not just temp wise! ) Mike Prez and I ran and have dyno sheets to prove it. My massive ~30 HP at the wheels made the big block chevy and the killer Pantera run for cover, but Mike's was what really had them trembling! I'll let Mike share since I don't remember his HP and Torque numbers.

We had a total of 3 club members show, and 2 cars run. We'll have to call that the first annual, and try for more attendance next year. Perhaps a deposit to encourage those who wish to attend to show up? I'll look forward to seeing how the mods I'm doing affect real HP and torque.

Best,
                MSH

Comment

Dyno Day - 2013 is Sat. April 27th @ 10 a.m.

So what is the story with the killer Pantera? Was there a Pantera that ran as well?

Comment

Yeah, a nice guy with a freshly redone Pantera motor ( poss 351 ? ) with BEAUTIFUL alloy heads and other eye candy had just finished a carb rebuild so they ran it to check things out. That was right after the 500 HP chevelle got it's tune ironed out.
                    Definitely worth hanging around for.
                    Best,
                    MSH

Comment

Working...
                    X