2012 SAMOA Food Drive on December 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 SAMOA Food Drive on December 1

Can you believe the annual King 5-Northwest Harvest Food Drive is already here? This will be year 6 for SAMOA.

Please be at Cloft Manor at 8:00 am for coffee, cocoa, and donuts before we head out. A big help would be weighing your donated food ahead of time and just turning in your total weight. Let's see if we can top last year's total!

As always, we will be making three stops: Northgate Mall, Everett Mall, and Redmond Town Center, so plan for a bag or two per stop. Lunch in Redmond will follow at a restaurant to be named later.

Here is a list off the Northwest Harvest site for the kinds of items they are looking for.

What types of food does Northwest Harvest need?
    Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Following are some other suggestions.

General food items:
    oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables, canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners), canned fish or meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats

Infant and baby foods:
    baby formula, canned milk, infant cereal, jars of baby food, powdered or canned milk, we also accept baby diapers

Please RSVP in this thread. Directions and maps will be available the day of the event. Bundle up in your SAMOA swag and we'll see you Saturday!
    Attached Files

Count us in.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

I'll be there. Marian can't decide..

Don

Comment

Trying to get there; will post up later to confirm.
        Best,
        MSH
        All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

How does donating by check work?

Comment

NW Harvest has folks lurking about with donation cans. Just drop your check in.

You could also staple your check to the SAMOA check.

Don

Comment

Paul and I will be joining.

Priscilla.

Comment

I made it!!

Count me in. One Car, One human, 3 bags of food.
                It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

I can't remember the SAMOA check being finalized. Can someone please tell me the details of it? ( Amount, who delivers, etc.? )
                  Thanks and regards,
                  MSH
                  All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Although the Food Lifeline donation approved at the July (?) meeting included a discussion about only donating $500 so we could save the remaining $500 of our usual annual donation of $1000 for NW Harvest, I do not think there was a formal approval for NWH this year. Tim remembered after the November meeting that the NWH donation had not been approved and that there would not be another meeting before the Drive.
                    We took it upon ourselves (after notifying the other two club officers) to write the $500 check.
                    Tim will have the check to bring to the Drive.
                    Nice catch, though, Mark.
                    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

The pickup's loaded up and ready (?) to go. If that danged Carl wasn't so cheerful, I'd be complaining about having to leave in the middle of the night to drive halfway to the Yukon to offload this grub.

Dan
                      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Noreen, Jerry,

Even with the rain, yesterday's Food Drive was great fun. We got to drive the Minis on some great roads and had a fine lunch but best of all, we got to help folks not as fortunate as us. Thanks much for your effort.

Chris and Ed
                        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
                        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Just a couple of pictures.

[ATTACH]409[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]410[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]413[/ATTACH]
                          It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

2012 SAMOA Food Drive

Here's the quick summary of this year's Food Drive:

Total of 7 cars (only 5 Minis, with 2 "other" cars) with 11 SAMOA'ns. Technically this was 8 cars, 6 Mini's, and 12 SAMOA'ns, but some wheel bearing issues (or potential issues) prevented Jeff from finishing the leg to Redmond, and also prevented Dan from joining us until we got to Redmond. So that's kind of like 1 car and 1 body for the total count, right?

Total weight of food donated was 767 lbs (nice for you Boeing fans).
                            Dan Berglund took home the award for highest donation weight.
                            SAMOA ponied up a $500 check that was also donated to NW Harvest.

Overall it was a good day, especially the drive from Everett to Redmond (thanks Tim). Thanks to all who attended and thanks to the club for the donation. It truly is a good cause.

Here are a few more photos.

Jerry
                            Attached Files
                            Jerry C
                            "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Working...
                            X