August Hood Canal Run.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Hood Canal Run.

Sorry guys, but after discussing this with our event man, the March Hood Canal Run has been postponed due to unforeseeable circumstances. I would like to suggest shifting it to August, as there is nothing else planned thus far. If you have any input on this, be it either "yes do it in early August," or "do it in late August", or not at all, lets make this a semi-voted on idea. I'm leading more towards early August, being not too close to the Portland events. Thanks.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Early August would be perfect.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

say 9ish!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Temperatures in the mid 70's with no lines at the ferry please. Low gas prices too if you can.

Don
        Last edited by Dixminion; 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Sounds good. With a stop at Alderbrook, maybe, for a brief look around.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

early August good for me best is
            6 or 7 saturday/ sunday.
            peter

Comment

August 6th.

OK, it's settled then! August 6th sounds good to me, how about 10am (Is that ok Tim, I know it's not 9am) at the Safeway in Belfair again, and off to the Canal! Stops along the way could include the camping park, and Alderbrook (to preview the MMW lodgings, good idea Dan), the winery, a killer Burger at the Geoduck (Huh Barth!) and so on. Sorry Don, the gas prices will be nearer $4 by then, if not more, so bring your smallest car. See you all there.

1st of August, 2011. Update.
              The drive this year will be run in the opposite direction from last year, but will include many of the same stops (Skip has an idea or 2 for that). We will stop at the end of the drive at Belfair Safeway again for those that wish to get provisions for a BBQ, camping, etc at Georges place on Maggie Lake. The weather WILL be perfect, and that drive is always awesome, so I hope to see many Minis for the run!
              Last edited by 72 Norty; 08-01-2011, 07:56 AM. Reason: Update.....

Comment

10 ish sounds great, I look forward to a "Killer burger". Sounds like a great time Carl.

Tim
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Potluck at George's Post-run

There will be a post-run potluck at George Thompson's place at Maggie Lake. Please let George know if you are planning on attending. There is limited space for overnight stays so contact George to reserve your space.

Kelley
                  If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Maggie Lake area.....

If you decide to stay out at Georges place on Maggie lake, you won't be dissapointed with the location and the drives around the area! Hope to see a lot of Minis out on the run.

Comment

Carl is correct there! Oakpatch area around Hood Canal has some really excellent drives. Especially when the leaves get some color! Some of the roads aren't paved or paved too well though, if you stay on the main roads the road condition is great.

Carl, that might be a good one for a fall run like up around lake Symington and Green Mountain to the Canal... Hint, Hint. Some of the best drives we've had out there were when we sort of got lost, so I'm not sure that I could find them again! LOL!!!

Suggest that the "Ferry" people meet up at Albertsons at the bottom of the Sedgewick Hill just across SR-16. (If you miss it you are really directionally challenged!!)

There is Albertson's Express Gas and Chevron Gas on either corner so people who need to can gas 'em up before the run.

From there we can meet up with Carl in Beautiful Belfair.
                      Skip

Comment

in order to be in Belfair at 10.oo am and meeting on the other side
                        sedgewick rd. I take the 9.oo am boat. Ok. (( or the 8oo am boat))
                        anybody else from Seattle coming.

peter

Comment

Camping once again rears it's ugly head! I'm going to try to get the last spot at Belfair State Park Thursday night or Friday morning. Kayaks, campfire, beer, tent, all the usuall suspects. Come on down if you like.
                          My one request would be a ride for the tour as I seem to be Miniless at the moment.

Don

Comment

I'd like to meet up at the Tacoma Mall Krispy Kreme store at 9 a.m. if anyone's coming that way.

Dan
                            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Don, if you can't get a spot at Belfair State Park I'm sure George will let you sleep outside his house.

Kelley
                              If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Working...
                              X