Club Event this Spring / Summer at PGP Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Event this Spring / Summer at PGP Track

Hi, Just throwing out the idea for all of you cone killers!!

I've met the owner of the PGP track down by Pacific Raceways, and he is willing to let us into his facility to use it for a gathering, and to allow "limited" track time in our Minis. All of this at a minimal cost to club members!
    I'd like to propose that this Event be a Fundraiser for the Renewal of the Mini Q, and would really like to hear input from members of this board.
    ( Regulars, Lurkers, and non-lurkers alike )

Go here for some basic data
    http://www.pacificgp.com/

and then come back to this page and post your input.

I'll be glad to be the "promoter" for this event, and will act as laisson to the owner. I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Sounds fun maybe at the end of summer...too many mini events in spring and early summer already...just my thought.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

I've always dreamed of taking my '63 to a track day at Pacific Raceways even if it does take me an eternity to finish the straightaway.
      The shorter PGP track sounds even better. What does "limited track time" mean?
      I will be there!

Don

Comment

I live just a few miles from PGP and I can't believe I've never visited the little track. I'll have to stop in one day and take a look.

Consider my curiosity piqued, Mark. A Mini event there sounds like a lot of fun.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Sounds like a great idea Mark! I really enjoyed the courtesy laps at last summer's Historics and this track is mini sized.

Barth

Comment

Oooh Sounds like fun! And no whining that you cannot keep up with the car in front of you now!!

They should pay us for bringing our Mini's out there so they can get pictures no their website;
            certainly would look better than the drifter clowns!
            Skip

Comment

Thanks for the interest! I'm psyched for it.

They have quite the set up. Here's a partial list:
              BBQ's
              Coolers
              Tables and Chairs
              Tunes
              Facilities
              and, last but not least, a very cool track!

Now, I won't be able to make it to Grp 2 this sat, but will everyone please remember to promote this Mini Q renewal fundraiser at that meeting?

I have to admit that I'm kind of torn about waiting until later in summer or fall, James. Perhaps we can find a day available?

Talk to you all soon.

Best regards,
              MSH
              All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Working...
              X