• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Meet West 2011

Lake Tahoe, June 22-24, 2011

http://www.minimeetwest2011.com/index.htm

Don

Thats sound good,
    I m going I think i will book already a room.
    Anybody else.. sofar would be great to get a Samoa group together
    like we did for San Ramon Mini West a few years. ago
    I remember our route back to seattle from San Ramon was via Lake Tahoe, beautifull.
    Peter

Comment

North shore of Lake Tahoe, even better!
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

I understand the SF club is already planning evening cruises for the event. One of them will include a quick run up the Rubicon Trail, just west of Lake Tahoe. Should be great fun.

I'm going to have to crank up the hi-lo settings on the pickup.

Like Peter mentioned, a trip to Tahoe does bring back memories of the 2005 drive back from the East Bay Mini Meet. The southern road that travels the ridgetops overlooking the lake was spectacular, as I recall.

Ed, what's the distinction of the north shore?

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

More rustic, less populated than the south end of the lake. And a lot closer to Truckee that has a really nice brew pub.....

Maybe we can get Chuck to bring the Moke up the Rubicon.
          Ed

Comment

Hmm, I'll be living in Los Angeles by then. Very tempting. I'll try to convince the Fiance this is a worthwhile trip

Maybe I'll see some of you there!
            British eyes... only

Comment

I know of 5 or 6 Samoans that are joining Dan for the trip to MMW including myself. I'll let them chime in. Some spouses are flying down (in an airplane) to join us 'cause they just can't stand to be away from us for soooo long or they need to work or something.

Don

Comment

Soooooo Looooong!

Oh, the spouses that can't stand to be away from us for too long!!! Good one Don. Well, WE are in. Nora wants to venture on with the men folk driving through the hills and vales....but she may have conflicting work issues! We have yet to see how all the scheduling works out. Oliver just needs a bit of tweaking then he'll be on the way. Can you promise an IPA on the way Mr. Dixon? If so we are definitely on board.
                It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

"in an airplane"
                  All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I am joining the drive to MMW. I love a good road trip.

Comment

Ed and I have been sketching a route to Mini Meet, but we want to hear what everyone wants to see and do along the way. Do you want to stop at Crater Lake? Do you want to see the Lassen-area volcanoes? Are you gonna die if you don't see the second-tallest flagpole in the US?

Remember, it's a two-way trip. We need a route down and a route back. Is the ocean in the cards?

We all should take some time at the White Elephant (or on this thread, I suppose) to gather everyone's input. What expectations do you have for the trip?

Dan

P.S. We may have some Canadian company for at least half the trek.
                      Last edited by BIGSHOT; 01-22-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: I just learned to spell.
                      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Too long for two days, too short for three days. Three days with side trips sounds perfect! I'd love to see Lassen again.
                        Ed

Comment

I vote three days. Might as well take it slow and enjoy the scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Einstein View Post
                            I vote three days. Might as well take it slow and enjoy the scenery.
                            Ditto.
                            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Sooo, depart on Saturday the 19th and arrive home on Sunday
                              the 27th?

Comment

Working...
                              X