Portland ABFM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland ABFM

Are we going to do the drive down to Portland on Friday again this year?

Route??

Has anyone come up with a route to Portland this year? I know one thing after the fire truck and traffic mayhem last year, I'm definitely bringing the GPS this year. I'm just not familiar enough with Portland to wing it. Hope to see lots of SAMOA'ns at the event.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

It's the usual route for me, Hwy 7 through Roy, Yelm, etc.. Except that the last leg will be either on I-5 or parallel to it, entering Portland from the north rather than using Hwy 30 from the west. 30 minutes droning on the freeway is far better than urban adventures in Portland.

Comment

I'm kinda partial to screaming fire trucks and driving down the sidewalk myself.. That said, I didn't get my vacation notice in on time and will have to go early Saturday morning. All I-5. Argh! Have fun on the back roads guys.
        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

My trip to the Portland ABFM seems to involve Minneaoplis, Minn. this year.
          No, really. Can't join the trip down but I will see you there.

Don

Comment

Its official

We are registered and the clubman will be making the trip. However no work has been done since James took out the engine.... So its coming on a trailer with me and the kiddo's. I-5 on Friday all the WAY!

Comment

Howdy all,

Will there be a contingent traveling to Portland on Friday? If so, where will everyone meet and what time?

Don, I will be planning on camping this year, so if you get at spot before I get there, save me a little plot of land to rest my bones. Thanks buddy!!!

Steve

Comment

Sounds like we'll have quite a few campers this year. We'll save you a spot.

Don

Comment

Yah forgot to mention..... We are camping also.

Comment

Steve, I'll leave Krispky Kreme in the Tacoma Mall about 0900 on Friday.

Comment

Jerry,
                      will be there, but is not the Crispy Kreme location outside the Mall,
                      close to the freeway, where we always met.??
                      peter

Comment

Peter That is the one.

Comment

Timing...

So we are meeting at the Krispy Kreme at 10 am for the drive down to Portland, Yes? We're getting to the point where we need to finalize this meeting time and now it's set dammit!
                          The path to Portland is still up in the air, I will not volunteer a route as I'm not as familiar with the run as some of our Senior members. Someone please come up with a reasonable route that does NOT include going way out West (no offense James), but rather more direct. There's my 2 cents.

Comment

Carl,
                            look at the previous page Jerry wants to meet at Crispy K. leave
                            arround 900 am he figured out a route.
                            Peter

Comment

Timing

Sorry Peter, Jerry, 9 am is good for us. See you there.

Comment

Working...
                              X