Five Of a Kind Day -- Mk II Cooper S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Of a Kind Day -- Mk II Cooper S

Here's an unofficial club event you might be interested in. We have in the club, five Mk II Cooper S Minis. (I've heard rumors of a sixth, but no details.)

On Saturday, June 19th, the five cars are going to gather at my house (details soon) for a photo session with MC2 Magainze's editor Peter duPre and free lance writer (from Vancouver) Iain Ayre. Iain does monthly articles for "Mini World" magazine.

The five cars include four that were U.S. spec. cars and legal U.S. imports built prior to January 1, 1968. Two of the four were the last two Minis sold through BMCD, the Seattle BMC dealership. We are working on getting the original owners of those two cars here as well as club founder Jeorge (nee) Patience to attend...and maybe other former club luminaries.

Cars and owners:

White over Blue: Ed Sauer. Original owner, Barb Graham. One of the last two Seattle sold cars. Almost originally owned by Ray Honsberger, first club president...but that's another story.

White over Blue: Marc Pond. Original owner, Martha Norwalk. One of the last two Seattle sold cars.

White over Blue (popular MK II color!): Carlos Quintana

Black over Red: Chris Miller

White: And to keep the rest in line, my cop car.

This should be an interesting photoshoot and should bring some good club publicity.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Here's an update. Times are loose!

The cars and owners will start showing up around 9:00 AM. From then until lunch time, Iain and Peter will be talking with the cars' owners and setting up photo shots. How much gets done and where on the grounds the shots will take place will depend a lot upon the weather...and the personalities of the photographers.

When a logical break time comes about, we'll head for the Basket Case in Skyway for lunch, and, hopefully, some more photo opportunities.

Then, back to my house where we'll concentrate more on shots of all five cars together.

At least that's the plan.

Feel free to drop by, and bring your camera.

Donuts and coffee in the morning, if you get there early!

Comment

Tomorrow, Saturday's the day! Come by. Bring your camera. Learn about early Minis...and a little club history, too. (And Dan's red, world famous pickup is in the garage going back together. I'm sure he'd like some help hanging the exhaust. Too bad I'm busy tomorrow.)

Comment

A long -- but good -- day of camera-snapping. I was in the garage most of the time reassembling the pickup, but emerged every so often to get some background shots.

The five of a kind wearing their best smiles.

One of a kind posing.

More to come.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Another setup. Ed positions his car.

Offissa Pupp makes his quota for the week.

A good day under the car and a Basket Case milkshake. Who could ask for more?

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

It did turn out to be a great day. Lots of stories told besides all the photo taking and the Basket Case excursion. It was great to see Martha Norwalk, again (original owner of Marc Pond's car) in spite of her retelling of the time I helped steal her car.

Comment

Working...
            X