Headlamp switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp switch

I know there's no such thing as a dumb question, but I feel like this is.

Can someone please tell me which lights are supposed to light up when the headlamp switch is in each position. It seems my headlamps want to turn on in both positions, meaning I don't have a standard typical 'parking lights' only option. I'm also confused on the pilot lights that I have hidden behind my halogen lamps. When are those supposed to turn on? Help.

First position: all dash lights, all running lights (tail lights, license plate light(s), parking lights (if wired that way) or pilot lights (if wired that way)).
    Second position: Same as above (parking/pilot may or may not come on depending upon how the car is wired - both are valid for Minis), and the headlights on either low or high beam.
    You can trace the wiring for your particular car in your workshop/Haynes manual.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

=( Yeah my switch has never worked correctly like that. Any suggestion on who I could take it to to have that worked on so they work correctly. There's times I really wish I could have just parking lights on, and I can't. I'd play with it if I was comfortable with it.

Comment

I think I heard somewhere that Mr. C Heleker is looking for Mini work.
        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Working...
        X