Wheel bearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing?

I have been having an odd sensation with my '67. At low speeds it seems like the left front tire is out of round as the left front of the car moves up and down noticably while below say 20 mph. As I speed it it smooths out and goes away.

Bad wheel bearing?

I jacked it up in front and let it idle in gear, I don't hear any ominous noises eminating from the area. The wheel and tire are not noticably eccentric, the tires are basically new and were balanced. This problem seemed to come about rather suddenly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Craig

Any change with steering angle? Binding outer CV joint or inner U-joint/pot joint?
    Don

Comment

I did not note any change when I had it up in the air and turning the wheel from one lock to the other. It seems to be most notable when traveling straight ahead.

Comment

See if it goes away once you drive the car around to get the tires heated up. I had a simialr problem that turned out to be a flat spot on the tire. Once I put a few miles on the car it seamed to go way.

Comment

I drove the car around for about a half hour last night and I do not note any change in the problem. I will have the wheel checked for proper balance next. If that is okay it must be something more serious.

Comment

If you can get it here, we could probably figure it out.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I think it might make it.

I will have to make contact with you to see when you are available.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X