X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuses

Question:
    on both of my innocenti s 1972 and 1974 the fuses are made out of
    plastic or ceramic on both ends pointed to fit. Is this the old style??
    and can i use the newer one I think made out of metals and glas and
    are also pointed at the ends?
    in both manual it said use 8 A ones for all 9 fuses straight accross
    Does this compare to the british set up??

Peter

Fuses and set up are not the same at all. The fuses you need are available. I had to come up with some for a couple of the Innos I've worked on and I don't remember having to do anything more than visit a local auto parts store.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Peter, the fuses you have are the European style. I know them well since Volvo used them for decades. Most auto parts stores have them.

Kelley
      If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Originally posted by mascher View Post
        Peter, the fuses you have are the European style. I know them well since Volvo used them for decades. Most auto parts stores have them.

Kelley
        thanks, yes thats it. I will get some, but the main question was:
        in my manual it said use : 8 A fuses for all 9 circuits.
        but does not all 9 circuits have different needs of strength?? because
        some are indoor light plus wipermotor/ or just highbeam light etc.

peter

Comment

Peter, you'll need to use what is appropriate for each car. I don't know which manual you have for which car but I doubt both of your cars are wired the same. Is the manual for the green, earlier car? The white one is likely to need several types of fuses, based on my limited experience with Innos. I know the last two I worked on that needed wiring sorted had at least three different fuses. One was a 1300 Export and one a 1300 Cooper, as I recall.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Fuses protect the wiring not the equipment connected to it. The amperage of the fuse is chosen based on the gauge of the wiring. If electrical equipment fails, the fuse keeps the wiring insulation from melting and causing a bigger problem including a fire.

If all of the wiring in the car is the same gauge then all of the fuses can be the same amperage. Even if some of the wiring is a heavier gauge it is still safe to use the standard size fuse. You can safely use a smaller than recommended fuse but never a larger one.

Cheers,

Kelley
            If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

talked to some inno guys in germany, they said

8 A is good for all circuits..

thanks for input.

Peter

Comment

Working...
              X