Ft Brake adjustment twin drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft Brake adjustment twin drums

The top shoe on the rt side keeps falling off of the adjustment pin, causing the pedal to go to the floor intermittently. Any advise?

There shouldn't be room enough for a shoe to slip off of the pin.
    Shoes installed correctly?
    Remember, rotate adjustors over the top towards the front of the car to set. Looking at the backing plate from under the car, the right side brake adjusters would be rotated counterclockwise.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

The adjustment pin is going through the oblong hole in the shoe. Is this correct?

Comment

It looks the same as Page 172 Fig 9.7 in the Haynes Owners Workshop Manual. What could be causing my random sudden brake failure? The Fluid is full and the brakes work some of the time.

The Rt ft was suspect because the first time it failed was after I replaced a cyl on that wheel. When I pulled the drum it looked like the shoe had fallen off of the adjuster, at that time I had the springs on up side down. It looks like it is correct now, but still fails (hits the floor) crazy e-brake stops in the rain.....

Please let me know if you have any thoughts.
        Thanks,
        Dan

Comment

Yes, the odd shaped hole in both shoes.
          All four springs need to be in the correct positions on each side, as well.
          Drawings and/or photos will be in your workshop manual.
          Measure the shoe width. Should be 1.5", not 1.25".

Comment

Looks like I have 1.25" on the ft. Anyone have any 1.5" shoes in town? I have been out of the US for the last few weeks and would like to get the car back on the road.

Comment

I have a set. 425 226 2783

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hello people,

After finally buying a new master cylinder when the re-build kit was on back order for 1.5 months. I installed it and have the same brake fade issue. It will now fail in the shop. When it fails fluid in a small amount comes out of the Limiter valve. I don't have the $240 for a new one right now. I can get one on ebay in the UK for $50, but I don't want my car to be down for Month two.

Let me know if you have one.
                  Thanks,
                  Dan (206)226-8466

Comment

Working...
                  X