• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windscreen wipers

on both of my innos my wipers are not
    selfparking , each time i turn them off they stay at that particular spot
    not at the bottom. According to my hand book on the 1974 it shou7ld
    be selfparking. On my 1972 I dont know.
    Is there a parking switch to be replaced or add??
    On both cars this situation is already years and years old.
    Does some minis came stock with no self-parking wipers??
    Peter

I think self-parking arrived at the same time as two wiper speeds, Peter, so not all cars have it.

The self-park switch is an ivory-colored (when you scrape off the crud) rectangular plastic box with three wires running to it. On LHD cars, it's usually attached right out in front of the wiper motor. On RHD cars, it's tucked in behind the motor. The switch is cheaply made and doesn't seem to be very robust, so it didn't surprise me when I had to replace the one that my pickup came with. Replacement, especially when the thing is out in front, isn't a particularly tough job.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

thanks Dan,
      this makes sense, will check the switch
      in my 1974 which has 2 speed setup
      and my 1972 does not ,only single. speed
      peter

Comment

Peter,
        The other day when I was perusing the Ebay UK site there were several new parking switches listed. Along with the statement that they were a major source of MOT failures when they didn't work.
        Skip

Comment

Peter, here are a couple of photos I shot when I was assembling my car and acquainting myself with the wiper stuff. They're of two sides of the self-park switch.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Working...
          X