Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I broke it but [email protected]_n....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I broke it but [email protected]_n....

I know its normal to drain the oil and find really fine iron stuck to the magnet..... But actual pieces of broken metal......? Pictures to come.

As I tear the Turbo Clubby apart I will update as to what I find. So stay tuned.

That sucks
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

James says its not good.

If you have some time James would you mind posting up some pictures in this thread of the carnage so we all can Ooh and Ahh??

Comment

I'll try to post some tonight.
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

Sorry, it took a bit longer to post pics.

Daves Clubby after engine pull.
          I pulled the clutch apart first (pain in the Verto). then pulled the engine off the trans.

Note the chuncks on the left found at the bottom of the gear box. The red lines show the area that has been worn away over time. To the right is the exhaust valve lifter from the same cylinder #1.

Here you can see one of Daves lifters next to an otherwise servicable used lifter from my parts supply. Note the amount of metal worn away.
          Last edited by James T; 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM.
          '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

After removing the timingchain cover. I saw that the chain was worn but still keeping the gears in line. However the key had broken and let the cam and crank get out of time. I removed the cam and found Veary scored bearings.

The cam and crank being out of time caused the connecting rod bolt heads to strike the cam lobes.
            Sadly the excessive wear from the lifters has egg shaped the lifter boars in the block as well, so it can't be rebuilt buy replacing everthing. This block is done.
            I have a couple more pics if you want them. But I think you get the idea.
            '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

Thanks James.... Start My Own Wall Of Shame with the pictures. I believe I found an A+ 1275 complete engine.... I will bring Her Home Soon. PM me with your address. I have a check for you.

Comment

Working...
              X