OT: VW Digifant Fuel Injection questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: VW Digifant Fuel Injection questions

Hi, The patient is a 1990 VW cabriolet, just trying to get it to run correctly:
    If you have any of this type of FI knowledge, give me a call or mail, please.
    HI ALL,
    I hope any of you with digifant f.i. experience can post helpful tips and tricks for this type as both Bentley and chiltons have failed to guide me in the right direction. I'm in the Lynnwood / Mill Creek area of Bothell,and could really use the assistance. Please read on:

I'm working on a 90 Cabriolet with the 1.8 digifant It has new:
    T belt and tensioner, other belts, a couple of seals, etc. also, new
    ignition components - cap rotor and wires, and plugs
    is Extremely rich and will barely start when fuse for fuel pump is in
    Pull the fuse for fuel pump, and it will start and run for a short period and then stop.
    Once, I was able to apply a bit of throttle, say 2000 rpm, but once it used up " the residual " fuel, it stalled.
    Have double checked the timing, confirmed spark, confirmed Fuel ( Plenty! ), and can't figure it out.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, and thanks in advance!
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Mark, This is OBVIOUSLY a case of low oil level in the carb dashpot(s)! Don

Comment

Mark,
      Try this site, the Vdub guys usually have some techie stuff discussed on there, try doing a search on your problem.

http://www.vwvortex.com/index.html

On the New Beetle forum they keep talking about the Vag Com code reader. Without knowing what codes the car is throwing it's sort of hard to guess what the problem might be.

Hope this helps
      Skip

Comment

Thanks to many vortexers, it runs! It was the ECU!! So much for the known good ECU that Wasn't
        Thanks again. Best regards,
        MSH
        Last edited by Mark; 04-08-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: Updated it runs!
        All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Working...
        X