Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest machine shops

OK, and the last one for now.

What machine shops in the area would you trust to do the work on your block and head, i.e. line bore, grind cam, valves, etc.?

tx,
    bmc

i would like to know as well. i got the motor out of the car and was thinking of getting the parts machined.

Comment

Hi
      Highly thought of around Mini stuff. One of the main guys is into rallying Minis.
      I think Mini Ed ( Sauer ) knows them well.

JOHNIES MACHINE, 206-621-1799. 2121 Westlake Ave Seattle, WA 98121
      Just South of Denny, and near the intersection of 3 small side streets

I only found this in a google search, so I don't know the peoples names down there. ( Except Johnnie! )
      Good luck.
      Leon, for some machine work, my neighbor has been known to do very good work. LMK,
      Best regards,
      MSH
      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Thanks Mark.
        bmc

Comment

Aka AUTOSPORT SEATTLE. I just love dropping in on my lunch break. There's always something fun to look at. How about a V12 Ferrari motor being rebuilt or an E Type being tuned up? John is the proprietor with Terry helping out in the machine shop and Brad on the parts counter. All three own Minis and are experts at what they do. Drop in, introduce yourself as a SAMOA member and check out all the cool stuff they're working on.
          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

bmc, Are you going to assemble the engine yourself or are you looking for someone to rebuild it and do the machine work as well?

Cheers,

Kelley
            If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Machine shops

I've used Action Machine in north Seattle 167ish and hiwy99
              they are very good for most block and head work.

see Rob at the counter

Uncle Al the Racers Pal (Retired)

Comment

Stewart's Machine Shop in Renton. Meticulous, and much to his amusement, has been 'discovered' by the MG TC crowd.

Comment

Thanks to all.

Mascher, I plan to do all the assembly work myself. My experience lies in air-cooled German engines, but I have a lot of experience there. Unless someone convinces me there's a good reason I shouldn't, that is...
                  tx,
                  bmc

Comment

Working...
                  X