Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does one determine the paint code

Hello,

I have a '67 saloon/sedan and am trying to determine where to find the paint code? Is it the body colored tag above the VIN plate on the left side inner fender liner?

Suggestions?

Craig

No paint code in the Chassis Number or anywhere else on English built Minis of that vintage.
    Heritage in England can tell you what paint colors went with what Chassis Number, along with other build information...for a fee.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

http://www.minicolours.co.uk/cgi-bin/index.cgi

This has a neat assortment of the different colors. Check it out!
      Best regards,
      MSH
      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I would seem to be somewhere in the beige family but there looks to be a bunch of subtle differences.

I think I found a paint shop locally that can color match but I would still like to learn what the color is called.

How much does that Heritage thing cost?

Craig

Comment

Okay I found the Heritage site, a little spendy for a piece of paper.

Maybe my wife will get that for me for my next birthday or Christmas.

But since I would wind up paying for it anyway, maybe I should just do it myself.

Craig

Comment

The Heritage Certificates are getting expensive, but I find them a nice addition to the collected history of the car.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

a certificate is also very attractive should you ever decide to sell your mini. (like that would happen)

Comment

Working...
              X