LH Turn signals out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH Turn signals out

My LH turn signals stopped working yesterday on my '96 SPI. RH work fine. All fuses are fine and the 4-way flashers work. It's only if I try to use the stalk. Should I disassemble and check the turn stalk? Any other potential culprits?

When you say that the LH signals don't work, I'm assuming both front and rear bulbs are inop. To eliminate a bad wire, you can insure power at the switch wires using a tester. My guess is that one of the contacts in the turn signal switch might need some persuasion.

Comment

Yes, nothing happens when I turn on the LH signals, front or rear. There is power at the turn stalk. I don’t see anything obviously wrong in the stalk. I think it’s euther a he flashed unit, the hazard switch or the stalk itself.

Comment

The problem with my turn signal/headlight switch was that there was power right up to the input side of the contact but nothing coming out. It all looked normal. Had to crimp the contacts a bit with some needle nosed pliers as they had loosened up a little over the last 14 years of use. Pretty straightforward, none of that 4 way flasher business to lead me astray.

Comment

It was in fact a loose connection. One of the pins had pulled out of the connector behind the steering column. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X