Headlight relay switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight relay switch

Followed the Moss Mini instructions on the install of the headlight relay switches, but end result was only the left headlight was working. I connected the relay switches to the two dual bullet connectors that are located at the front of the car below the original horn location. One bullet connector had one blue/white wire going in one side and two blue/white wires coming out the other side. The other connector was the same setup but with blue/red wires. For both I pulled out the wire on the side of the connector that had only one wire and connected that to the relay switch bullet connectors.

Are these not the connectors to tap into for the relay switches? Are there other bullet connectors further upstream that I need to be looking for? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Frankenvan; 07-05-2016, 05:36 PM.
    Mitch & Teri
    Frankenvan--1961 Australian Van
    Mini Cabriolet

If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly, I connected the wrong wires to the relay. I need to somehow figure out which of the 3 wires in the dual connector is the one coming from the switch.
    Mitch & Teri
    Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Any advice for getting the wires out of the 2 wire bullet connectors? I have the headlight relay switch installed but can't get the bullet connectors out of the two wire bullet connector sleeve. Should I just order two new sleeves and destroy the old ones to remove the wires? Do I need a special tool like Moss Mini sells for $110 to install a new sleeve?
      Mitch & Teri
      Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Hi Mitch,

Are you coming to the meeting at Steve Gay's on the 16th? I'll be there late but we should be able to get you lit.

Don
        Last edited by Dixminion; 07-11-2016, 01:51 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

I'm going if my wife doesn't already have plans for me. I was able to get replacement connectors and figure out which of the three identical wires in the connector was coming from the switch. I got it all put together and the relays are working. I didn't get the $100 connector tool from Moss and instead just pinched down on the connectors once assembled. It was interesting researching and learning about the old British electrical connectors. Thanks for the offer. Hope to see you on the 16th.
          Mitch & Teri
          Mini Cabriolet

Comment

I've got the tool.

Comment

Cool. I hope to see you on the 16th.
              Mitch & Teri
              Mini Cabriolet

Comment

Working...