RC40 not bolt on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC40 not bolt on?

I bought a twin box RC40 system with a front pipe called "RC40 Front Pipe, from LCB, w/ Front Silencer". The implication from the name is that it should work with a LCB exhaust manifold. The inner diameter of the pipe at the front is about 1.64" and looks like this:

But, the outer diameter of the LCB outlet is just over 1.8". And so, I've done the maths, and figured out that the front RC40 pipe doesn't just slide over the LCB outlet and clamp up, like the current pipe does. What gives? I expected this to be an easy installation.

-Jason

The RC40 twin box exhaust system consists of two components, the rear assembly which is a muffler and resonator. The second part is a mid pipe that connects the rear muffler assembly to the exhaust header-in your case the LCB/collector. The mid pipe slides INTO the collector for the LCB, not around it and is held in place with a clamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry View Post
      The mid pipe slides INTO the collector for the LCB, not around it
      Thanks, Jerry. The thought occurred to me that the front pipe would slide INTO the LCB outlet, rather than over it, but I couldn't believe that could be right. From a flow perspective, it seems completely wrong to present a sharp edged smaller diameter pipe to the direction the exhaust is traveling. But I guess if it's good enough for Vizard, then it must be good enough for me. Thanks again for your response.

-Jason

Comment

Working...
      X