Radiator Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Work

Many years ago, there was a great radiator repair shop on Greenwood Ave. called, of all things, Greenwood Radiator. Fortunately for me it was nearby when I lived near Greenlake. Unfortunately, I moved near Renton and Greenwood Radiator lost their lease and moved farther north.
    At the Greenwood car show, I was fortunate enough to meet up with the owner, Ron Linson. He gave me his business card. Location is 1125 North 100th Street, Seattle. Phone 206 783 2177. If you need radiator work done, Ron is a good one to contact. He used to do fuel tanks for me, too, but I don't know if that is still on his menu.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Speaking of gas tanks..................

Comment

Jerry, I have a used one if you are in need.
      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Thanks James, but my reply was a jab towards Chuck and his continuing adventure with a radiator company in Tacoma that has had his LWB gas tank for more than a year. The worst part is that I steered him towards them. Crap

Comment

Lol. Ok
          "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
          ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
          '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
          '60 Morris Van - Marvan
          '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

For years my rad shop of choice was Puget Sound Radiator owned and operated by a fine mechanic, Pat. Lost his lease a few years ago, sigh.

He fixed the radiator in my (now Lisa's) '51 Chev pickup only to have it spring a leak! I stormed back in there to get it repaired AGAIN!

Pat couldn't seem to remember the repair. He finally took a closer look at the receipt and noticed the date, fifteen years prior!

He was working at Greenwood Radiator the last time I was in.

Don

Comment

For those on the south end of town, I had a heater core for my FJ40 dipped, flushed, and pressure checked last year by Seattle Radiator Works off 99/East Marginal Way on the south end of SoDo. Was real happy with the service and the price. And the guy's name was Pat!

Comment

Working...
              X