fuse size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuse size

what size fuse is used for the in line holder btwn the red and red/greens? it is above the WW motor under the scuttle

thanks so much for the help!

Which fuse box are you using: 2-fuse or 4-fuse? (I'm stalling. The first Haynes I picked up gave me at least 3 different answers to your question!)
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I've got a two fuse FB

Comment

Use the same "35amp" fuse you are using in the the fuse box.

Comment

I don't know what rating fuse you should be using but there is a difference in ratings systems used in Britain and the U.S. The chart below is from Buss an old-line fuse manufacturer.

Buss Conversion Chart
          British Type U.S. Standard Replacement
          50 amp AGC 30
          35 amp AGC 25
          30 amp AGC 20
          25 amp AGC 15
          20 amp AGC 10
          10 amp AGC 7 1/2
          5 amp AGC 3

Some believe that the conversion yields slightly higher values on the American side. Another approach is to take the British value and divide by 2. If you end up with a fraction round UP to the next standard size. For example: British 35A divided by 2 is 17.5A so use a 20A U.S. fuse.

If these numbers seem too small, remember that it's better to blow fuses than to burn wiring.

Kelley
          If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

I knew there was a difference but didn't remember the conversioin factor; hence, my "35amp" as being used in the fuse box dodge!
            Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
            X