headliner freshen up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headliner freshen up?

would it be unwise to spray paint my head liner to freshen up is looks? solvents?

I've only ever done a Japanese produced car, but those vinyl paints are made for headliners. I just wish I could give you a brand name.
    One comment: Bag and mask everything.
    Best,
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I'd be concerned about the paint cracking over time. There is only so much a paint can flex.

Comment

You would not be using a paint like an automotive paint that would be used on the outside of the car, but a dye made for vinyl. The product I used is made by "SEM" and can be mixed to almost any color. WESCO Auto Paint carries this product and can advise you how to use it. It can be purchased in spray cans as well as pints on up! Cleaning and masking are important as is heat and ventilation. Make sure you ask for the product sheet that will tell you what you need to know.
        Good luck and wear a respirator.

Tim
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

If you do it, I'd like to hear how it goes. The dye process sounds intriguing.

Comment

I went to a craft store and bought vinyl paint, stay flexible. I hand painted. Been 7 years and all's well.

Comment

Working...
            X