Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shop recs?

Hello, SAMOAns -

Took my non-Mini (1970 Fiat Spider) to the LeMay show a few weeks ago. Parked it on the lawn between a couple of '50s Detroit vehicles. Worked as a volunteer all morning, then looked around the show w/my dad. Walked back to my car in the afternoon, found a note on the seat and another under the windshield wiper. "Someone wants to buy it?" I thought. "Maybe someone has a source for parts?" Nope. "Sorry I hit your car."

Good news: the guy who backed into my car was insured, and the damage was purely cosmetic, but now I need to have a dent in the back right corner of the car pulled out. It looks like fixing it right is going to be more complex than something like a door or a fender because of the shape of the area involved.

Anyone have suggestions for a body shop that has experience dealing with our era of cars?

Thanks,
    Shane

Sorry to hear about your loss, Shane. I am very glad the insured stepped up and admitted their error. I've heard no good about any big body shops lately, unless the car is a recent year make and model ( Type of car ). Fewer and fewer shops take classics due to the specialized nature of the work in comparison.
    Hopefully our "Mini" Body men in residence can give you tips.
    Best of luck!
    MSH
    P.S. Do you have any Fiat buddies that can offer up the "one man shop" types?
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I'd ask for a recommendation from Group 2.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Gunnar might know of someone to recommend as well.

Comment

You could try Fenders and Fins in Woodinville, might be a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
          X