SPI Not Idling when Warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPI Not Idling when Warm

My '96 SPI was running lean so I went through and replaced all of vacuum lines since they were all cracked. Once I did that it seems to run better at all speeds except once warm and at idle. The fuel trap is not clogged as I can blow through it. Tonight I replaced the plugs and ensured a proper gap to see if that would help but it didn't. Thoughts or suggestions?

Ecu

Did you disconnect the ECU when you replaced the vacuum lines? Doing that can foul up a few things. I think someone (Mark H. perhaps) in the club has a machine/device to calibrate the ECU or reset it. Good luck.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Nope, everything stayed connected. I've talked to Mark about using it, we just haven't worked out a time/date yet.

Comment

my spi is runniung so rich, that it's leaving black splaters and soot all over the back of the car.....maybe if the 2 talk to each other......na..maybe not. I think we both need to meet at Marks.
        Mark....are you going to ABFM??? could you bring the scanner? (tech session )
        "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
        ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
        '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan
        '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Most of what I have read about is that they tend to run rich not lean. Often that's vacuum, fuel trap or the lambda sensor.

Comment

i got together with Mark but the scanner wasn't working. Does anyone else have one? Maybe meet at the club meeting this month? Without the scanner the next thing I'll replace is the o2/lambda sensor.

Comment

Working...
            X