What is your favorite spray adhesive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite spray adhesive?

I just received my bonnet insulation mat from MS. I need to get some spray adhesive for it, and for carpet installation in the future. What is your favorite brand and type. Is there any I should not use? My Lowes has Loctite Brand 300 Heavy Duty - it was the only one there that listed for carpet use.

Don't monkey about mate!

I understand in the adhesives world (even in construction needs) that the Gorilla glue is top dog. It comes in a variety of dispensing tools, a spray can, bottle of Elmers style glue, etc.

I had to eat bananas for a week when I walked by one of their sales signs.

I don't know.......good luck.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

3M is my preferred adhesive. They have a pretty decent web site. I'd take a look at super 77, Hi-Strength 90 or this general trim adhesive

The key to most adhesive application is prep. Make sure the area is clean, dry & free of oils. Use denatured alcohol to wipe down the entire area of application. If you have a good prep you'll have a good bond.

I don't think gorilla glue will work well in this application. The polyurethane expands and then becomes stiff, I don't know if you can get a good clamp load for insulation and carpet plus it could be brittle under the foam. I love it for wood working but would avoid it for foam and carpet.

Comment

Large beat me to it. 3M, Super Trim Adhesive.

And remember when you get to the carpet, you should never glue anything to the floor of a Mini.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
        X