Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 1951 Bentley Mark VI fuel pump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mascher
    replied
    There are a couple of UK suppliers that list the part number DB1935SXR. That could be an in house number and not the original SU number so Andrew's number might be better.

Rebuilding is probably the best idea if it isn't heavily corroded. Contact Burlen Fuel Systems in the UK for the right parts. Decent UK suppliers can ship parts as quickly as domestic sources and usually for considerably lower cost.

Kelley

Leave a comment:

• Andrew.Bertschi
    replied
    Out of curiosity I did a bit of research on this. The original pump was indeed from SU and the p/n I saw was: UD 22715

I know of no specific local sources but if Dave above can't help, a call to Brad at Autosport in Ballard might yield a replacement piece. 206-621-1940

Apparently, the original fuel pumps on those cars were stud-mounted but newer replacements of those are now not available anymore. Either the original will need to be rebuilt or a replacement pump will require a fitting kit to mount it to the chassis.

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    Is the pump an SU?

Try Dave at SU Fuel Pump Restoration ([email protected]).

Don

Leave a comment:

• Andrew.Bertschi
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGSHOT View Post
    And maybe someone here on this forum works for a company that restores old cars and could direct your friend to a rebuilding service.

Dan
    Paging James Thompson...

Leave a comment:

• BIGSHOT
    replied
    Your friend shouldn't be looking for a Bentley fuel pump. That'll be bigger dollars than if he searches by the pump's brand and model number.

An alternative might be finding someone who rebuilds Lucas (or whatever) fuel pumps. Maybe a Bentley club could recommend such a service. These guys have a forum.

And maybe someone here on this forum works for a company that restores old cars and could direct your friend to a rebuilding service.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Robear
    started a topic Looking for 1951 Bentley Mark VI fuel pump.

Looking for 1951 Bentley Mark VI fuel pump.

Just wondering if anyone know where i could find some old Bentley Parts. My friends Electric fuel pump went out. Looking for possibly local or a website he can find parts any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Robert
Working...
X