Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust in the cab

Does anyone have any good recommendations on plugging up the large hole
    in the dash behind the instrument cluster? Chuck and I installed a completely new exhaust system (and checked the clamps several times after running around in it) changing from a center exhaust to a standard left side but I'm still coming home like I've been riding a Vespa all day around Surabaya Indonesia.

I've looked at some padding others have stuffed in that hole and wanted to get opinions on stuff(ing) since the K&N filter on the carb nearly goes into the hole.

Check the boot lid seal and the seals around the rear quarter windows. And make sure we ended up with the tip of the exhaust being at least as far out as the bumper. If not, tail pipe tips are easy to find and add.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Originally posted by twenex View Post
      Does anyone have any good recommendations on plugging up the large hole
      in the dash behind the instrument cluster? Chuck and I installed a completely new exhaust system (and checked the clamps several times after running around in it) changing from a center exhaust to a standard left side but I'm still coming home like I've been riding a Vespa all day around Surabaya Indonesia.

I've looked at some padding others have stuffed in that hole and wanted to get opinions on stuff(ing) since the K&N filter on the carb nearly goes into the hole.

I think a plug or stuffing might be a band-aid approach at best. You might want to think about unclamping the exhaust pipe from the manifold, dropping the pipe and then smearing on some high temp exhaust/muffler paste around the contact area of the pipe and the manifold. Pull the pipe back up and onto the manifold and then use a floor jack to push the pipe up even tighter. Reclamp using vibration proof lock washers and then let it all sit overnight while the exhaust paste cures. I had to do this with my '79 and it worked like a charm. No more headaches from exhaust fumes or driving on a cold, wet night with the windows rolled down.

Comment

Good advice but won't work on his car. Different set up.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
        X