1959-60 front seat mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959-60 front seat mounts

Hi i was wodering if someone possibly might have a picture of th front seat mount from a 1959-1960 mini. Its not the bolt in kind. Its actually welded onto the cross member. I'm trying to fabricate some for my car to make it look orignal. Or if someone knows where i can find a pair please let me know. Thanks

Should be photos on the 1959 Register web site. I sent you the link yesterday. If not good ones there, email either of the two founders, Bill or Trevor and they will send you some.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Here are the seat attachments from an early '61 Countryman. I believe they are the same as a '59-'60 saloon.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Kelley
      If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Look the same to me.

Comment

Thanks guys. Chuck i did email bill. So i'm just waiting the response. I actually measured where the mounts were before and it seems to be wider then the seats that i have. I actually have Mk2 seat and a seat of Mk3 seats and they both seem to be too narrow to fit. What do you guys know about this? Are the early seat mounts wider or is it just me?

Comment

Wider I don't know about, but it wouldn't surprise me. (Kelley may be able to measure the ones out of the Traveller.) The way the seats mount was certainly different with the frame "tube" extending down and into the mounts rather than a flat extension from the frame being the mounting point.

Comment

Ok so i got a hold of bill at the 59 registry and he actually has an extra 59 crossmember he can sell me. He is going to price out how much it will cost ship.

Comment

The '59 spacing is just over 14 3/4" center-to-center while the bolt on style is about 13 3/4" center-to-center.

Given how different the seat structure is, it's not surprising that the spacing would be different.

Kelley

Comment

Yeah just noticed that. I remeasured it and i would have to get new seats or modify them somehow. Not sure how i want to do this. I would like to go back to the orignal but im going to have to spend more then i would like. Maybe i will just leave it the way it is now and by the crossmemeber now. Then buy the correct seats later.

Comment

What type of seat mount is in the car now? Can you post pictures?

Kelley

Comment

Working...
                    X