Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chume
    replied
    Found left hand jet stuck and not descending with choke. Pulled both dash pots and degummed everything, blew out jet. Back together and runs great!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    Vaccumn leak? Or should I say vacchume leak? I'd go over all your manifold and carb bolts to check for tightness. Perhaps some gap goes away when warm.

Don

Leave a comment:

• chume
    started a topic carb problem....?

carb problem....?

didn't drive my mini (1275+ twin HS4 cooper s) much over winter. when i first try to start it eventually fires up, rev's very high and then dies. it goes through several rounds of this, then will finally keep running, but seems to go from gasping for gas to screaming revs. with persistent feathering of accelerator, i can get it to settle down and eventually idle normally. once it is warmed up, seems to run fine. i thought that it might be some old gas (had stabilizer in it), so drained tanks and refilled, replaced fuel filter in trunk, drained bowls of carbs, pulled and checked SU fuel pump. battery is fully charged and strong. despite having driven it >100 miles over past couple weeks, still have the same problem when i start it cold. Before i put it in storage last fall, didn't have this problem- at least this bad.

thoughts??

thanks
Working...
X