water pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pumps

Any opinions out there about the stamped steel impeller VS the cast impeller pumps?

Don

I have used both types and have minimal issues. However, I have run into some "high flow" pumps that had bigger impellers, that hit the #1 cylinder casting on some blocks. So you might want to check your clearance first.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Ttt

Comment

This doink didn't know that there was enough a difference to matter. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

This doink (if Jerry's a doink then I'm a doink) didn't know if stamped vs cast mattered either.
          Stamped has got to be way cheaper to make, thus the low price paid for the pump.Will it move the same amount of water? Will it last? Lots of summertime miles to be put on my car.

Don

Comment

The stamped impellers are supposed to be less effecient, according to more experienced people than I, but, for small bore use I've never had any problems with them. I don't run them in large bore engines.

The cast impeller pumps used to be sold specifically as for small bore (shorter impeller) and large bore (longer impeller). The large bore one would not work in a small bore. Times have changed and the cast impellers are supposed to fit both, but there may be a problem with small bore, pre-A+ motors with some pumps. I test fit pumps for small bore engines (w/o the gasket) just to make sure. Come to think of it, I test fit all pumps before installation.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
            X