broken neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken neck

This is a continuation of my "WTB a gas cap" thread in the Wanted section, since I've discovered I need more than a new gas cap...

Like Chuck said, and Don elaborated on, I have a broken neck! On my gas tank, that is. Anyone want to volunteer for an exciting weld job? (just kidding) The top of my gas tank filler neck has been cracked and deformed where the gas cap mates up to. Photos below. Any suggestions on how to fix this without causing an explosion?

Tank repair

I could do that for you Chad. Done it many times... Just need to proceed w/ caution... G

Comment

Yep,
      Gunnar fixed my Canadian tank by welding on a Merican neck. Works great. My cap from NAPA is vented, I think, but doesn't leak.

You could also buy Gunnar's 9 gallon tank.

Sayyy, how come your fuel sender has two wires plus ground? (see photo under WTB gas cap) Do the Innos have a low fuel warning light or what?

Don

Comment

Chad, I would sell the car under those cirumstances to the highest bidder.

Don, yes Innos got a low fuel sensor red light coming on. pretty cool.

peter

Comment

An Innodiot light then.

Comment

And would I be correct in guessing that you (Peter) are the highest bidder?
            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Ferrari has the same light. go figure
              "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
              ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
              '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
              '60 Morris Van - Marvan
              '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Working...
              X