Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet

got a new carpet for my Inno.
    What is the best way to fasten it to the floor??
    I don t want to glue it down, be able to get under it quick for evt. water.
    peter

How about Velcro, glued to the floor and Hot Carpet glue to the back side of the carpet. I've seen this done in hot rods, particularly in trunk area where they can take it out if hauling something dirty. Can't see why this wouldn't work for you. Check at Lowes or Home Depot in the flooring section for the carpet glue.
    Skip

Comment

Can't wait to see the new carpet, I have some super strength 3M plastic Velcro that I use to hold metal panels together. They might work for you, I will throw some in the van for you to look at.

Comment

Did you get the carpet from Newton? I ended up just laying it in the car and over time its worked itself into looking comfortable. I think it was Chuck that advised me not to use any glue or give moisture any excuse to build up.

Comment

thanks guys,
          I might go with the velcro, yes the carpet is from Newton
          colour in grey with inno logo at the floor, like the original ones.

Comment

Carpet

How about the factory snaps, you should have two per side front and rear. If the snaps are missing there should be provisions for them in the form of little raised tabs at the base of the inner sill, you would just need to add them to the carpet and wala...

Comment

I dno't think the Inno has them ...it came from the factory with rubber mats.
              "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
              ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
              '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
              '60 Morris Van - Marvan
              '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

actual I have the snap on things too.
                All Innos , all models came with rubbermats until 1973
                In 1974 when Leyland took over Innocenti and the 1300 export and
                1001 Export were introduced carpet was the only choice.
                So my green Inno 1972 got the original rubber mats
                my 1974 1001 export will have the carpet again ( as before.

Comment

Newton's stuff is really top notch. I have the snaps in my new carpets as well as the 'innocenti' rubber pad that is attached to the carpet under the pedals.

Comment

Working...
                  X