Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccuume tube broke. How to replace?

Ok,
    I think i broke my vaccuume tube, but I am not sure where it reattaches?
    Before I start tearing things appart, looking for a nub, anyone know right where it attaches? Anyone?

thanks,
    Tony Ashton.

(first time using photobucket...hope it works)

Pull the air filter off and you should find the remains of the end piece still attached to the vacuum takeoff on the carb. The end piece is available separately, so no need to replace the line or the other end on the distributor if they are still good.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

cool. thanks. will tear off this weekend...or tonight. I only noticed it after driving and hearing a sucking sound, and, it being tax season, i checked my wallet first before looking under the bonnet.

Comment

Fixed it temporarily

temporary fix until I get the actual part.
        Used a small section of drip irrigation hose to connect to the nub on the carburator (i presume), and the end of the vaccuume hose...seems to be holding....

Comment

ok. Anyone know what that part is called? Searching Minimania i can't find it under 'carburator' or 'vacuume' keywords.

thanks.
          T.

Comment

Instead of the Lower Slobovia spelling, if you use the English spelling, you'll find the part!

Hint for searching on the MM site -- when in doubt, use fewer letters. "Vacu" would work, for instance. Of course, vacuum will work, too.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

found it by searching 'vacu', good advice.

part number is 12b2062 description, "DISTRIBUTOR ELBOW FOR VACUUM ADVANCE PIPE"

Comment

Working...
              X