Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss

It has just occurred to me that I should inform the members of SAMOA of the event that took place on Friday morning, the 22nd. Tim was on his way to work when he exited the freeway and while making a left on a green light, he was struck by another car running a red light. There were Qwick Mini pieces thrown all over the intersection and coffee all over the interior. Covered in coffee, Tim is fine and pissed doesn’t begin to tell how he really feels. Another perfectly good Mini taken away before its’ time. At least the other person had insurance and Tim had witnesses. Until Tim figures out what will be replacing his Mini it looks like it’s the van and the little mini to get to work.
    Patti
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

That's a damned shame, Patti. Glad to hear Tim is OK, though. That "other driver" is the one I'm sure we all fear.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

The other guy.....

As a vintage bike rider and a Mini driver, I am trying to always be aware of "The other guy", but you can't see everything.
      Sorry to hear of the incident.
      It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

I almost had the same thing happen to me last summer. Someone ran the light coming down Talbot Road S up the hill from Sam's Club in Renton. I had to jump the curb to keep from getting creamed.

I have had both motorcycles and Minis and drove them the same way. Always assuming no ones sees me and where is my exit if this person changes lanes. Running a light is a tough one. Sometimes your mind is just on the light. Glad Tim is okay...

Comment

I'm glad that Tim is ok.

Comment

Working...
          X