Early SAMOA Photo Album Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early SAMOA Photo Album Missing

I've been digging through the SAMOA history boxes and can't find the first SAMOA photo album, 1967 - 1969. It is the one with the minutes from the first meeting and the review of the "Fiats" in the Italian Job and Jerry Everett's response telegram. I've had the album on display at a few meetings at my house.

If you've seen my office you are probably correct in thinking it is most likely buried somewhere there, but if I loaned it out to someone, please return it!
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Wow. You can only hope that it is missing for a good reason, like to surprise someone with copied pix.

When this is found, we need to this stuff scanned and onto disc's. I am probably speaking for more than a few of us that I have never seen more than a handful of those pix.

This also brings up another point, keeping the history of the club more than just oral.

This past year I have had 3 regular long time car show acquaintances pass away. One I know for sure had piles and piles of pictures back to the late 50's, early 60's. He didn't write a thing on or around any of them. Not a one!

Luckily in his case his wife is still around, vows to be active in their club(s) and knows most of the history and significance of those pictures. She her daughter and son are honoring his memory by scanning and annotating each photo they know something about even if it was just oral history. They will be made available to His (and Her) car club(s) in his memory.

The point I am making is that these missing photos are SAMOA's history, it's legacy. Let's get them back to share with the club as a whole. Please.
    Skip

Comment

It has been located and will be delivered at the meeting tomorrow night. I'm breathing easier.
      I can only say that I didn't have it and that I'm sworn to secrecy not to make fun of the person who borrowed it some time ago!

Comment

So Ed found it when he was moving?

Don

Comment

If I commented, Don, it would break my promise to Ed.

Comment

I love you guys but..

don't pick on my friend!

Comment

So, Ed's a Closet Kleptomaniac?
              Skip

Comment

You may say that, but I certainly couldn't.

Comment

Working...
                X